PDA

View Full Version : Vaccume Disconnect D44

Jeepinparrothead
09-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Ok in 84 and 85 jeep put the D44 vac disco on the grand wagoneers. Mine is one such vehicle. Now, I want to get rid of it. How you ask this is what I need your help on. The axle is completly the same accept fot the right hand shaft. It is two peice just like the XJ 30. Now the Accuator sits on and in the diff cover, unlike the XJ which is made into the axle. If I take the cover off and take the accuator off and replace with full shafts and a standard cover, it should work just like any other 4wd system, correct? Please tell me if my logic sounds off in someway.

Jeepinparrothead
09-14-2005, 03:59 PM
I can't spell worth a damn

Tommy
09-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Ok in 84 and 85 jeep put the D44 vac disco on the grand wagoneers. Mine is one such vehicle. Now, I want to get rid of it. How you ask this is what I need your help on. The axle is completly the same accept fot the right hand shaft. It is two peice just like the XJ 30. Now the Accuator sits on and in the diff cover, unlike the XJ which is made into the axle. If I take the cover off and take the accuator off and replace with full shafts and a standard cover, it should work just like any other 4wd system, correct? Please tell me if my logic sounds off in someway.

I now that on my front D60 that has the CAD is wasn't that easy. You have to get full shafts, seals, and drill a breather hole as well. POSI-LOK would be easier and still give the ability disengage. If it is like my 60 it doesn't have manual hubs right. There was a write up in the Dodge forum on POR, if you want to search.

Jeepinparrothead
09-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Thanks I will give it a look. Yeah it is does not have manual hubs.