PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with FI kits for the AMC 360

Jeepinparrothead
09-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Just like it says. I "think" that I want to swap to FI on my 84 GW but I don't want to get a problematic one. I want a good one and don't have any experience with them at all. I have had the carb rebuilt and tune and tweaked so many time its not funny. Time for something better. It is just not cutting it anymore. What do yall think?

frankenstang57
09-14-2005, 02:23 PM
:rolleyes: Holley makes a stand alone kit for like $8-900. That would probably be the easiest. If your looking to grab a factory set up, it may be more of a pain than it's worth.(but not impossible) You'll need to adapt everything, fuel pumps, lines, ect. Check in Jeg's.

Jeepinparrothead
09-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Stand alone kit is what I am looking for. I will look into the holley. I am having the timing resent and carb tune and tweaked AGAIN on Saturday, if I am still disgusted with it I will probably go that route. Thanks for the help.

Alaska ZJ
09-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Howell also makes on. There is a guy on the pirate board that makes them too. It is just a basic TBI setup. There are a few running around AK and they work good.

dasVettemeister
09-14-2005, 06:18 PM
I've worked with the holley setup before and it's great. Definitely look into that one.

Fry
10-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Howell also makes on. There is a guy on the pirate board that makes them too. It is just a basic TBI setup. There are a few running around AK and they work good.If you are talking about the AFI kits I have one on my Scout. It came with a custom chip burned for my motor. I spent two days in my driveway on it and had no problems, other than not having the o2 sensor hooked up and the tps sensor plug didn't match the tps I had. (My fault.) You can also hook up a laptop to log data and custom burn your own chip.

The kit I bought was the DIY kit, cost $400. I still had to buy the ECM, TBI unit, and sensors.

I opted to not use spark timing control. I don't know what kind of distributor you have, but it may be possible to modify it to work with the FI.

If you want to do a bunch of extra work and save some $$$, here (www.justinternationals.org/Binder-Bench/forumdisplay.php?f=21) is a link to a forum that will help you do it.

robselina
11-08-2005, 04:28 PM
The Holley pro-jection is frowned upon. The Howell TBI kit is well regarded though obviously more $$$.

Do a search on IFSJA.org message board, there's a lot about this there...

Cody
11-08-2005, 07:18 PM
I was thinking of using an amc 360 and converting it to propane for my next rig...anyone done that?

Cody

robselina
11-08-2005, 08:05 PM
I was thinking of using an amc 360 and converting it to propane for my next rig...anyone done that?

Cody

lotsa people. Works well I gather. See the offroad tech section on the ifsja.org message board. I recall two people recently who've done it and liked the results....

Jeepinparrothead
11-09-2005, 11:46 AM

Cody

Ya, lots of people do that with 360's. I am not sure why it is always 360's but it is. I have only heard good things about the swap.