PDA

View Full Version : keep blowing PASS side headlight

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
09-06-2005, 02:43 AM
well i've gone through 3 headlights in the last couple months. 2 silverstars and a cheapie brand. For some reason they will work fine for a few weeks and then the low beam will go out on the PASS side and when i flip the high beams on it will work for about a minute before that one blows too. Its like theres a short in the harness somewhere but they haven't ever been messed with. All fuses are good. Any ideas?

OverkillZJ
09-06-2005, 06:48 AM
A short wouldn't cause that bult to blow out... the only 2 things that could do that which I can think of this early are:

1. somehow your getting water in the light. Hot light bulbs don't like water, it'd cool off the fillament too quickly causing a quick burn out.

2. Any chance your high beams go on at the same time with your low beams? This could happen with a bad relay.

Other than that... beats me!

LouisianaZJ
09-06-2005, 02:23 PM
a leak

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
09-06-2005, 03:43 PM
a leak

blinker fluid perhaps?

gsh
09-09-2005, 11:14 PM
I heard that you gotta use the premium blinker fluid or else you will develope leaks. Then you gotta get the blinker system completely flushed. It's tough finding a place that has the proper blinker fluid flush pump.

Kraqa
09-09-2005, 11:27 PM
not very likely but check your bulb connector. look at the little metal prongs inside. they coudl have some corosion and cause them to ground out.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
09-11-2005, 01:32 AM
I heard that you gotta use the premium blinker fluid or else you will develope leaks. Then you gotta get the blinker system completely flushed. It's tough finding a place that has the proper blinker fluid flush pump.

are you serious?

i've been running synthetic blinker fluid for years! :mrgreen: