PDA

View Full Version : engine/trans/t-case for ZJ wheeler?

ptownTSI
09-02-2005, 02:34 AM
Mines all getting pulled out of the wrecked 5.9 and probably getting rebuilt into a 408 if anything got messed up in the wreck. So that means i need a trio of items to put back in place.

Thinking of 5.9EFI, ran off a stock computer, 727 trans (isnt this what the old waggy's had) or 46RH from an older grand, and then i still need some sort of transfer case.

my buddy marc who is doing the project with me likes the idea of a Chevy 5.7EFI, tranny/tcase out of a 2500 truck. I think that means its the 4l80e, and unsure on the t-case. Axles will most likely be full widths 44 up front and 60 out back.

front end will be cut from the motor mounts forward and rebuilt/straightened/strengthened. i'd like to run fenders too but make them WIDE to cover the tires. this will officially be my first wheeling project, but marc's done alot of stuff and has some good connections up here so hopefully i wont need to beg AW to help me fix things i fuck up.

ptownTSI
09-02-2005, 03:00 AM
will a 241HD work with a 46RH?

BMRisko
09-02-2005, 08:23 AM
will a 241HD work with a 46RH?

Yes, you might have to switch around some input shafts, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.