PDA

View Full Version : Vibes and SYEs

Jeepinc1
08-28-2005, 09:24 PM
I am currently running almost 9 inches of lift on my ZJ with a CV driveshaft but without a SYE in the transfer case and have so far noticed little to no driveline vibration. I thought i might notice something after i swapped in a 242 for the 249 but still nothing. I've got a buddy with a ZJ and half that lift and had two different rear end suspension setups that both vibrate pretty bad without an SYE. I'm swapping in an 8.8 over the next couple weeks and am worried if I dont make it as exact to stock as possible it may vibrate. The company i got the lift from says im a freak circumstance and they would definately expect problems without an SYE.

Anyway...what kind of lift/driveline are you guys running and how is it working?

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
08-28-2005, 09:52 PM
why 9" of lift in the first place?

TrojanMan
08-28-2005, 10:37 PM
why 9" of lift in the first place?

how else can you fit 34" meats?

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
08-28-2005, 10:50 PM
maybe with 5" of lift. :smt064

BigDaveZJ
08-28-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm assuming you stacked 2" spacers on top of the 7" RK springs. Pull the spacers. You don't need them to run 34's. I run 33's on 3.5" of lift. Not only will that help your driveshaft vibes, it'll actually improve the capability of your rig.

Jeepinc1
08-30-2005, 12:28 PM
7" lift, 1 3/4"spacers, and left the stock spacers in the rear, ACOS spacers in the front. I still dont clear the tires that well. I figured the 7" lift was made for 33" tires...with another few inches of lift i should have been able to easily clear an inch bigger tire. The front stuffs and hits all over the place...front bumper, back fender, top of fender, and upper spring mount. On the front I have an ARB bull bar so that angle is better and I cut a little off the back along with the pinch weld and it still hits there. It just flexes too much. My next step is upgrading the bumpstops to stop the articulation before it hits. The rear is great and i've had very little problem there...the aftermarket bumper hit a little but that was easy to trim. Now it stuffs perfectly. And now im putting in the new rear axle so that may not last long.

My problem isnt that i have vibes now...im just worried im going to get them. A little bumpsteer but no vibes. Rockkrawler thinks i have something set up so perfect that it doesnt vibe yet.

Here is a link to some wheelin' pictures. I think im mostly on the 3rd and 4th page.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y296/WheelinDL/July%2016-17th/?start=60

BigDaveZJ
08-30-2005, 12:43 PM
If it doesn't vibe, why mess with it???

Kraqa
08-30-2005, 01:22 PM
hmm i ran 38" swampers with a 5" lift. i must have the special edition 5.9L body. you knwo the one. with the huge ass inner felder wells.

Jeepinc1
08-30-2005, 03:29 PM
I have to upgrade the rear axle because my current D35 tubes are bent.