08-27-2005, 02:51 AM
http://fototime.com/552B2ADD8F630CE/standard.jpg

will post more pics and info tomorow. :mrgreen:

JeepinHank
08-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Dude, That's just WRONG.

ATL ZJ
08-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Nasty. Did you use the surplus center parts? I'll more than likely be going hydro assist in the very near future for under $100 since I've got a PSC box that's already ported.

How do you like it in the rocks? And how driveable is it onroad? Mine's a DD, and yes I am insane... What pump are you running? Looks really good.

Cam

chadjans
08-27-2005, 05:19 PM
That doesn't look like a surplus center ram. And do not run a non heim jointed ram. They bend.

Chad

BMRisko
08-27-2005, 06:19 PM
A locking collar??? WTF mate? I sure hope thats welded to the tie-rod....

:axe:

norcaljr
08-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Its a PSC ram and the clap isn't going anywhere. It makes replacing the tie rod & alignments a lot easier.

These are the following parts I used.

PSC ram
PSC 621 MR box
Howe 1500 PSI TC pump
Howe reservoir
Howe inline cooler

Kraqa
08-28-2005, 06:54 PM
why do people think hydro assyst wont work on the street?

looks good, yoru going to like it.

ATL ZJ
08-28-2005, 07:15 PM
why do people think hydro assyst wont work on the street?

looks good, yoru going to like it.

I think it will work on the street just fine.. Since I'm planning to run it on my daily driver...

Kraqa
08-29-2005, 03:03 PM
How do you like it in the rocks? And how driveable is it onroad? Mine's a DD, and yes I am insane... What pump are you running? Looks really good.

Cam

sounds here liek your not sure. just asking cause i know lots of peopel ask how it will work on the road.

ATL ZJ
08-29-2005, 04:01 PM

Cam

sounds here liek your not sure. just asking cause i know lots of peopel ask how it will work on the road.

Alright, ya got me.. I will be doing it, but I wanted to hear firsthand from someone running it how it did on the street. If anything, I expect street manners to improve since the ram should act somewhat as a stiff steering stabilizer.

Kraqa
08-29-2005, 04:51 PM
i'v always wondered about the S/S aspect of it. that i am curiouse about.

norcaljr
08-29-2005, 11:11 PM

Cam

Alright, ya got me.. I will be doing it, but I wanted to hear firsthand from someone running it how it did on the street. If anything, I expect street manners to improve since the ram should act somewhat as a stiff steering stabilizer.

I went from not having a S/S and needing a alignment really bad to the hydro assist. I was a huge improvement. It takes no effort to turn, no matter the speed or how much traction the tires have. It also seems to soak up the rough road good, but on roads that are not even/flat it wants to move around a bit. Not unlivable by any means.

8WR_ZJ
01-19-2006, 12:43 PM
this is from a long time ago i know but it pretains to it. i was wondering if anyone knows what size the fittings are on the PSC ram 1.5x8. i am about to tap my waggy box and dont have a 1/4" NPT tap. i was just wondering if psc used pipe fittings on the gear box and ram? i emailed them like 3 days ago and no return. thanks for any help.

ATL ZJ
01-19-2006, 03:12 PM
8WRZJ, I believe PSC uses -6AN fittings instead of pipe thread for all of their hydraulic fittings. I run a surplus center ram and not a PSC one so I can't tell you for 100% certain, but my PSC box came tapped for -6AN fittings.. Hope that helps some.

8WR_ZJ
01-19-2006, 05:19 PM
thanks for the info. i finally got in touch with PSC and thats what they had to say also. Is the AN fitting similar to anything else or is it in a sizing all of its own. The local guy said that the -6an was the same as 3/8 pipe thread? just seeing if yall knew anything i didnt. thanks for the help.

ATL ZJ
01-19-2006, 06:40 PM
thanks for the info. i finally got in touch with PSC and thats what they had to say also. Is the AN fitting similar to anything else or is it in a sizing all of its own. The local guy said that the -6an was the same as 3/8 pipe thread? just seeing if yall knew anything i didnt. thanks for the help.

-6AN isn't pipe thread.. I was able to get the fittings I needed from Summit and some others from a local off road shop.

8WR_ZJ
01-19-2006, 11:05 PM
i kinda figured the guy was crazy but i didnt know so i didnt doubt him. i wonder if i can convert to AN fittings? i guess ill find out. thanks

ATL ZJ
01-20-2006, 12:01 PM
i kinda figured the guy was crazy but i didnt know so i didnt doubt him. i wonder if i can convert to AN fittings? i guess ill find out. thanks

You can. I run hoses with 1/4" npt fittings at the ends and use adapters that I got from summit to convert to AN. Check their website or catalog if you've got one.

8WR_ZJ
01-20-2006, 01:45 PM
i found these. i think this is what i am looking for? correct just want to check before i start tearing into my steering. its my DD. thaks for the help so far.

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=AN+fittings&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp

ATL ZJ
01-20-2006, 04:27 PM
You're definitely on the right track. I have no clue if it's what you need.. Which of the fittings are male? female? -6AN? is your hose 1/4" npt or something else????

It's my DD too..

8WR_ZJ
01-21-2006, 12:22 AM
ok i got the fitting and lines taken care of today, i found a place that has everyting and will charge me 45 bucks for both lines. Ok i put the box in and plugged off the holes for the assist. i got everything hooked back up. tommorrow morning i will bleed the system just waiting on jack stands. How do i bleed the system i know its a noob question i was just worried about getting air bubbles. Do i pull off the line that has the clamp on it next to the pump and just let the fluid pour out the line. Or just pull the cap off the pump and keep it topped off? i just want make sure b/c i have to be somewhere at 11 in the morning. Can someone shed some light on this for a noob. thanks for the help so far.