PDA

View Full Version : Site Upgrades On Their Way!!

BigDaveZJ
08-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Gonna be some changes around here in the next few weeks to a month. Tomorrow I'm planning to go and open a business account at a bank (already set MallCrawlin up as an LLC) and once I get the debit card for that account I will be purchasing VBulletin and then enslaving Matt to get it all set up. We're also going to redo the front end of the site, so we'll be looking for all sorts of good content for that. Whether it be tech, trip reports, or Ron's drunken rants. In fact I like that idea, kinda like the Dr. Vern article in 4WD and SU, maybe once a month someone can write up a rant and we'll post it on the main site.

Anyways, should be some changes here soon that will allow the forum to grow even more and provide a LOT better software for us all to use. There's way more functionality on Matt and I's end, and you guys will get some cool new features too.

There will be some premium membership options available as well. Matt and I still have to figure out the costs on those, but everybody will still be able to do everything they've been able to do so far for free, but you'll get a few more things with the premium membership and you can help offset the costs that Matt and I have incurred over the last year or so.

So I'm hoping to at least have VBulletin in place within 2-3 weeks, and get some work going on revamping the front site, cuz frankly my ghetto ass FrontPage skills bring teh suck.

If anybody wants to help contribute content for the front end let me know.

JeepinHank
08-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Cool!!!

OverkillZJ
08-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Yay, something else for me to add to my shit to do and I'm not getting paid for list :weedman:

:finga: :partyman:

JeepinHank
08-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Yay, something else for me to add to my shit to do and I'm not getting paid for list :weedman:

I owe you one: :drinkers:

BigDaveZJ
08-22-2005, 04:04 PM

I owe you one: :drinkers:

Just don't let him stay at your house for free in exchange for work, he's liable to put holes in your house!!!

Cody
08-22-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm excellent at ranting ;)

luvthejeep
08-22-2005, 10:44 PM
lol

BigDaveZJ
09-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Software order has been placed, just waiting for my e-check to clear to get the software and then Matt and I will spend countless hours sweating over our keyboards trying to get everything up and running!

OverkillZJ
09-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Software order has been placed, just waiting for my e-check to clear to get the software and then Matt and I will spend countless hours sweating over our keyboards trying to get everything up and running!

Matt and I? Don't you mean you'll be waiting until Matt has a break between work and school to figure shit out? :finga:

Kraqa
09-01-2005, 10:00 PM
i got no problam writing tech articles.

OverkillZJ
09-01-2005, 10:03 PM
i got no problam writing tech articles.

Fine, as long as I get to correct your Canadian ass "noo doot aboot it" piss poor english where you should use "I've" instead of "i" :finga: :weedman:

Kraqa
09-01-2005, 10:07 PM
have you read any of my other tech articles?? i use proper english not frangilsh.