PDA

View Full Version : forum acting strange?

norton
08-20-2005, 11:04 PM
so right now, i mean right now right now, the site is going slow (taking a long time to load pages, etc..) and not all the graphics are loading everytime i go to a new forum or click a post and what-not. and i was in the repair forum then i clicked the mallcrawlin link at the top left of every page to get back to be able to view all the forums again and all of a sudden every forum had been marked 'as read' ...

wtf>

BigDaveZJ
08-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Working fine here. Ask Matt.

OverkillZJ
08-21-2005, 12:15 AM
No errors, not a single glitch in the logs. If you're getting intermittent loads like that, it's most likely a connection prob between you and the server (unless it's happening to everyone.)

jdoom
08-21-2005, 02:59 AM
It was happening to me earlier today but is fine now

norton
08-21-2005, 02:31 PM
still running a little slow for me again today .. other sites are loading fine.

any ideas how i can fix the problem?

BigDaveZJ
08-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Might be an issue with your ISP connecting to the server.

norton
08-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Might be an issue with your ISP connecting to the server.

that would be my guess as well. im betting jordan has the same isp (cox cable) so thats why it was/is funking up.

i also just got this message:

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in c:\domains\mallcrawlin.com\wwwroot\phpBB\includes\ template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 47

whats that mean? im no computer guru by a long shot.

BigDaveZJ
08-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Ask Matt. LOL

jdoom
08-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah I have cox cable and that was the exact message i was receiving yesterday. It worked fine last night and today it's working but like you said, it's a little slow, but I haven't received an error message yet today.

norton
08-21-2005, 04:54 PM
lets go yell at cox for sucking at providing internet :axe:

sooo matt, ideas?

OverkillZJ
08-21-2005, 05:23 PM
lets go yell at cox for sucking at providing internet :axe:

sooo matt, ideas?

If the problems not at my end (datacenter or server) what do I care? :butthead:

It's definately a communication problem, you might try running a tracert between yourself and mallcrawlin.com to see if there's latency in there anywhere, but there's really nothing you'll be able to do even if you find something. Odds are some backbone segment is down somewhere and traffic is being re-routed, so I bet by tomorrow it will have "fixed itself" from your end.