PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk winches

Jim311
08-15-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm looking at winches sometime soon. I like the Superwinch EPI series winches. They're like 47 feet per minute and can be had for 550 or so. Not a lifetime warranty like Warn or some others, but much cheaper and alot faster than most winches in it's price range. Several of my friends have them and swear by them.

Talk amongst yourselves.

OverkillZJ
08-16-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm a Warn fan, but I ended up getting the MileMarker 12,000 pound and couldn't possibly be any happier with it. Given it some hard pulls without any struggle or wine. I believe it's identical to the Tmax 12,000 also (just rebadged stuff.)

LouisianaZJ
08-16-2005, 12:52 AM
swampy has the superwinch, it might be like 12k i think, it is pretty nice

he got a good deal on it. i think he told me something about the internals holding up better than the warns when exposed to water and mud

ATL ZJ
08-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Who is pulling off a Tmax and likes it? I need something less expensive that is rated for a good deal of weight and is relatively slim. That's a lot to ask for, I know.

zjeepin
08-16-2005, 10:00 AM
im using a tmax 12k and love it, i've never had a moments trouble out of it. its got close to 100 ft of cable on it which its all but too much. i've done some pretty hard pulls with it and it never seems to be working hard. Before i bought it i contacted the sales rep for my area and he told me that if i had any problems with it in the first year he'd send me a new one no questions asked. All the service parts are available and the external selenoid pack seems like it'd be easier to work on than an internal one. another thing to think about is that the remote is the same for other winches like milemarker should you find yourself missing yours. just my .02, tmax rocks. :butthead:

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
08-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Given it some hard pulls without any struggle or wine. (just rebadged stuff.)

yea it just pretzeled your unibody, no big deal. :mrgreen:

Jim311
08-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Given it some hard pulls without any struggle or wine. (just rebadged stuff.)

yea it just pretzeled your unibody, no big deal. :mrgreen:

Whaaaaaaaaaa?

Swamp boy
08-17-2005, 02:16 AM
Mine is the Superwinch EP 9000..I am not a fan of the integrated winch..

But everything else is the same..

It is a very good winch ...You will be happy with it.. And it holds up wonderfully in the rain and mud and whatever...

Some thing I cannot say for the Warn XD9000I that I replaced with the Superwinch...

On the last trail ride I sat at the top of a hill and winched up 7 Jeeps..

Look at everyone standing around waiting for me to winch the next guy...

http://images.igloos.ca/d/96680-2/f471d293.jpg