PDA

View Full Version : breaks stoped working.

violatedppl
08-08-2005, 01:40 AM
I was on my way to work the other day, and I would say that i did have to stop at alot of red lights and a lot of down hill but on the last and of course biggest, my breaks didnt really slow me down. my foot was to the floor and I am stoping on hopes and dreams. the breaks I out on last week, all four. but when I got the truck their was some paper work of the fluid needing to be replaced and I have never heard of this nor has my dad who has worked on cars since we was 12 (his now 49) he has been around the block many times when it comes to car stuff so. And when I finally got to work their was no smell from my breaks like the would have been if they were hot, but they were pretty sticky at the end. now they work fine but still not as good as they did before that day. just looking for something to fix this problem, as it was not something I dont want to expereince again.

BigDaveZJ
08-08-2005, 02:33 AM
Bleed the brakes.

norton
08-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Bleed the brakes.

x2

make sure none of your caliper bolts are loose. have you worked on the brakes recently? same thing happened to my brothers teg. one of the caliper bolts was coming loose (guess we didnt get it torqued down all the way) and it was leaking brake fluid. tightend the bolt back up, bled the brakes and shit is peachy.