PDA

View Full Version : GRAND SLAM WEST 2006 SCHEDULED!

Sandy R
08-07-2005, 09:53 AM
MARK YER CALENDAR!
9th Annual Grand Slam West Grand Cherokee-Only trail run is Friday, June 9- Sunday June 11, 2006 in Moab, Utah.

Details will follow as they are finalized.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
08-07-2005, 03:20 PM
if anyone wants to donate to my gas fund getting to GSW I'll PM you my paypal addy. :finga: I will be coming to GSW come hell or high water.

bburgi
08-08-2005, 11:06 AM
x2

Bustin' Loose
08-08-2005, 04:31 PM
I shall be there with a new last name and my own damn jeep!!!!

Watch out guys. They may even let me lead a trail. :mrgreen: :finga:

Puma...if you show up to GSW06, I will buy you a beer. You will be legal by then no? I didn't think you enjoyed your last trip past the mississippi all that much.

And stop drunk dialing Dave at ungodly hours of the night damn it! It wakes me up too ya know. :axe:

Kraqa
08-08-2005, 04:42 PM
The Kraq-Rock buggy will be there.

now who want to donate to my paypal for gas

dr__hoe@hotmail.com

its gonna cost me abotu 1000 CDN round trip.

JpRngr
08-08-2005, 08:51 PM
its gonna cost me abotu 1000 CDN round trip.

What's that, aboot $8 American, eh? :finga:

OverkillZJ
08-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Depressing as it is, odds are I won't get the Jeep there. I'll drive the Corolla out though (or truck if I've made the swap by that point.) I'm putting the years "wheeling money" towards buggying the ZJ and buying a towzilla :weedman:

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
08-08-2005, 11:08 PM

Puma...if you show up to GSW06, I will buy you a beer. You will be legal by then no? I didn't think you enjoyed your last trip past the mississippi all that much.

And stop drunk dialing Dave at ungodly hours of the night damn it! It wakes me up too ya know. :axe:

As of June 2nd 2006 I will be fully legal! I'll take you up on that offer. I enjoyed the hell out of my trip past the old miss, its refreshing to get out of the WT south every now and then. Sorry bout the calls but thats what the summers all about!

BTW I will be looking for a passenger out west, all my friends think I'm nucking futz to drive all the way out there and my parents bet me $150 that I won't do it, so I need someone to cruise with. So Matt, Risko, Hank, whoever, lets go wheel Moab!!

Kraqa
08-08-2005, 11:33 PM
if i dont have a trailer or a new towrig by then i'l just rent a uhaul and put the jeep on rims. drive it down with it in the back.

Bustin' Loose
08-09-2005, 11:33 AM

As of June 2nd 2006 I will be fully legal! I'll take you up on that offer. I enjoyed the hell out of my trip past the old miss, its refreshing to get out of the WT south every now and then. Sorry bout the calls but thats what the summers all about!

BTW I will be looking for a passenger out west, all my friends think I'm nucking futz to drive all the way out there and my parents bet me $150 that I won't do it, so I need someone to cruise with. So Matt, Risko, Hank, whoever, lets go wheel Moab!!

You are NOT sorry so don't apologize. :D Sokay, I shall get you back!

Looks like we'll be having Hotel MC 2006! Matthew, you can ride with me next year :eek: since you will be sans jeep. BTW, did you know that your jeep is one of the pictures in the 4 wheel drive and Sport Utility wallpaper section. The Chalupa is too!

Kraqa
08-09-2005, 11:35 AM
unfortunatly i dont' think i will be participating in Hotel MC this year. Is is almost 1 day faster for me to drive directly to MOAB

Bustin' Loose
08-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Ahhh...too bad. :partyman: :weedman: You'll just have to settle for the Sunday night drunken festivities in the parking lot...

SCAMPER ZJ
08-31-2005, 02:49 PM
Awesome! I'll be there too - had a lot of fun this last year, Moab is an awesome place to wheel. Even more fun when it's with a group of GC's! :mrgreen:

Texas ZJ1
09-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Puma,

you can always crash at my place on the way out.

Hunter

Cue-Ball
09-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Well I am marking it down now.

The plan is to have the Jeep there, but my wife and I are looking at buying some property in the next month or so and well, that may put the Jeep on hold a little while longer, so if not I may need to thumb a ride with someone while we are there.

I also take Paypal donations but with me you can get some Amsoil back for your paypal donation:smt109

But one way or another I will be there, worst case I can fly in and hitch a ride.

Dirk

Cue-Ball
09-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Oh yea count me in as a sponsor again Sandy.

OverkillZJ
09-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Let's see if I can pull off another miracle.

I also might sponser, I'm considering launching a webhosting service that's aimed at Jeep pages and what not.

Sandy R
09-29-2005, 08:40 AM
Oh yea count me in as a sponsor again Sandy.

Thanks Dirk. Let's hope to see you and your Jeep out on those Moab trails, even if just the moderate trails until you get it built the way you are planning.

Tommy
09-29-2005, 10:46 AM
I hope to make it this year. My pile will be done right in time for desert season around sothern Cali. It is still hot as hell where I am at.

deadman
09-29-2005, 04:39 PM
I have this crazy thought... I am thinking of maybe flying in next year. The ZJ stays tho! Too expensive to ship, and it won't be done anyway.

Someone with a free seat there?

BigDaveZJ
09-29-2005, 04:49 PM
I have this crazy thought... I am thinking of maybe flying in next year. The ZJ stays tho! Too expensive to ship, and it won't be done anyway.

Someone with a free seat there?

There's almost always a few free seats floating around.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
09-29-2005, 07:32 PM
i gotta free seat. schools not an excuse this summer, turns out I hafta go for another semester anyway. I'll be there.

Sandy R
09-29-2005, 10:39 PM
There's almost always a few free seats floating around.

Drivers do not need sky-high bullet-proof Grand Cherokees in order to participate in GSW. For the first several Grand Slam Wests a modified Grand had 1"-4" of lift and 31" tires. Not everyone had a locker. Many still do not. Tom has been careful in making sure that mildly modified Grands can attend and participate. A range of moderate trails to extreme trails is offered, depending on how your rig is built. Moab trails are beautiful and everyone should see the terrain. Stock Exploders, Landrovers, VW Touregs or whatever they're called, etc. run the easier trails and so can the mildly modified Grands. That's why the moderate trails are offered at GSW. Bring what you have -- there are trails for all 4x4 Grands. End of sermon!

JohnBoulderCO
09-30-2005, 01:05 PM
So true Sandy. We all have been nearly stock at one point in the build up. Run what you have, learn, build some more.

Two years ago a group of VW Touregs followed us on Hell's Revenge. They did just fine and one even climbed up Tip Over Challange. :D

BigDaveZJ
09-30-2005, 01:19 PM
Drivers do not need sky-high bullet-proof Grand Cherokees in order to participate in GSW. For the first several Grand Slam Wests a modified Grand had 1"-4" of lift and 31" tires. Not everyone had a locker. Many still do not. Tom has been careful in making sure that mildly modified Grands can attend and participate. A range of moderate trails to extreme trails is offered, depending on how your rig is built. Moab trails are beautiful and everyone should see the terrain. Stock Exploders, Landrovers, VW Touregs or whatever they're called, etc. run the easier trails and so can the mildly modified Grands. That's why the moderate trails are offered at GSW. Bring what you have -- there are trails for all 4x4 Grands. End of sermon!

Sandy,
Agreed on all points, but deadman's problem his what he has is in Germany!!! :rolleyes:

Cody
09-30-2005, 02:02 PM
haha,

Grand Slam 2000

http://www.fototime.com/A721A58068432E5/standard.jpg

poor little guy didn't know what was in store for him :supz:

Cody

JohnBoulderCO
09-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Sandy,
Agreed on all points, but deadman's problem his what he has is in Germany!!! :rolleyes:

Rent a WK at the airport and drive it to Moab! :D

deadman
09-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Rent a WK at the airport and drive it to Moab! :D

10 horses won't get me into that pile of shit! :poke:

It would probably do ok tho, with the quadradrive II... just needs more air under the belly. ...and the bumpers would get some scratches. :smt081

Sandy R
09-30-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm one of the few who remembers your rig stock. Probably the quickest and most dramatic build-up and then build-down in the history of GSW. Who would have ever imagined that that rig and its kid driver would turn out to be GSW's trail leader of trail leaders? :supz:

haha,

Grand Slam 2000

poor little guy didn't know what was in store for him :supz:

Cody

Jeepin' Wolf
10-01-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm one of the few who remembers your rig stock. Probably the quickest and most dramatic build-up and then build-down in the history of GSW. Who would have ever imagined that that rig and its kid driver would turn out to be GSW's trail leader of trail leaders? :supz:

Yea, how would have thunk? :smt003

Before...
Shortly after...
http://webster-image.com/jeep/codynosedown.jpg

Cody
10-01-2005, 07:09 PM
I remember dinner that first year, i was only 19. Tigger was like "do you want some beer, ay?...are you 21, ay?"

I was like "oh yea, i'm 21, no problem" lol.

Good times. I'm pretty torn right now cause I know i need to sell it, but I can't handle not having a rig to wheel. I'm so torn between what a mature, responsible person would do and what I want to do. If I sell it, I won't have anything to drive to lead trails this year, and thats something I look forward to every year.

Cody

Bustin' Loose
10-02-2005, 01:14 AM
Mature is over rated.

nuf said.

OverkillZJ
10-02-2005, 01:57 AM
Mature is over rated.

nuf said.

Agreed.

Cody - don't sell. Built rigs are worth so little to those who didn't build them, it's just pointless unless you're starving to death or can't feed your family or something. It does what you need it to, it gets you where you want to go (and then some) - and it's what you've got. It's a terrible hobby to invest in, but for most of us (definately you and I) the damage is already done, might as well play with the toy!

zjdre
10-02-2005, 02:57 AM
after seeing pics of matts ZJ out there it makes me want to go

TrojanMan
10-02-2005, 03:26 AM
If my POS is worthy and I can find gas money i'll take my chitbox, Puma we can ride together and talk on teh CB to pass time.... otherwise I'll take you up on that shotgun seat and i'll go in on some gas with you.

deadman
10-02-2005, 05:20 AM
Mature is over rated.

x1000

Cody
10-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Yes, but the "theory" is to sell the ZJ and pay back some credit card debt, get into a house in a good area. After a few months refinance and use some of that money to build/buy something more appropriate for what I like to do.

ATL ZJ
10-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Don't sell your ZJ, just sell your body to the night.

Texas ZJ1
10-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Been there, done that. Puma didn't call or write for three weeks. I felt so cheap.:smt089

Hunter

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
10-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Been there, done that. Puma didn't call or write for three weeks. I felt so cheap.:smt089

Hunter

don't hate the PLAYER hate the game !

Cody
10-03-2005, 02:11 AM
Don't sell your ZJ, just sell your body to the night.

have you seen this body? I'm a 200 lb kid sitting on top of a 150 lb frame lol. and i'm obnoxious lol

maybe I should look into the hustle....

Cody

XLSLC
10-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Can't knock that.

I'll definitely be making it out there for my first GSW. I only got to wheel Hell's Revenge this last trip (last week) and I can't wait to do more.

OverkillZJ
10-17-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm still trying to figure out a way to first build my buggy by then and by some miracle, be able to get it out there.

I have no idea how I'll get the time off of work, school, let alone the $$$ yet... But if I pulled it off the last two years, maybe I can do it again.

2drezq
10-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Maybe able to be there this year. I think I'll just rent a Kentworth with a big sleeper and a flatbed. If I run it on Biodiesel it'll be cheap enough. I've got room for at least one more ZJ. Anybody between here (ND) and Moab need a lift?

PhilZJ
11-06-2005, 09:44 AM
Hey All!

I'm planning on coming all the way from NJ!
Looking forward to it!

Phil

SuicideTireZJ
11-12-2005, 02:57 AM
If I haven't dropped out of school and moved overseas I'll be there with you hoes. (Pam excluded from the hoe comment)

nate
11-12-2005, 05:16 AM
Moab is like 4 hrs from here... I'll be there unless I'm in dirka dirka land or some shit.

Dougs ZJ
11-14-2005, 10:51 PM
Count me in too! Even if I have to go with my Pro Crap lift. Claytons is coming soon though. (and 8.8, cage, winch):D

PS: This will be our first Grand Slam event so the wife and I are hella excited.

Bustin' Loose
11-14-2005, 10:57 PM
If I haven't dropped out of school and moved overseas I'll be there with you hoes. (Pam excluded from the hoe comment)

:smt046

Thanks

Kraqa
11-15-2005, 01:05 AM
who you callin a hoe.

Cue-Ball
11-15-2005, 01:50 AM
Count me in too! Even if I have to go with my Pro Crap lift. Claytons is coming soon though. (and 8.8, cage, winch):D

PS: This will be our first Grand Slam event so the wife and I are hella excited.

Where abouts in Central Cali are you?

I will be going from Napa, maybe we could get a convoy from Ca. depending on number of people planning to attend.

I should have my crap done well done enough to make it out there.

Dougs ZJ
11-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Que-Ball: Im from Visalia which is just south of Fresburg.

Cue-Ball
11-16-2005, 12:25 PM
I know exactly where that is. I was in Clovis about a month ago, and did abuch of work in Visalia several years ago.

Cue-Ball
11-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Okay so what do most people do for accomodations? I have not been 'camping' since I was in H.S. if that is what the deal is.

OverkillZJ
11-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Red stone in. I didnt' camp since I camped like hte next 3 weeks of that my west trip, haha.

Cody
11-16-2005, 08:26 PM
it's usually a little warm that time of year to be camping, but some still do so. I usually rent a condo or a house.

Cody

Cue-Ball
11-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Cool, thanks guys.

Do we want to try and get a group house thing going or something?

OverkillZJ
11-22-2005, 02:11 PM
I'd be game for that, but I need to wait until the summer school schedules released before I can even know if I'll make it or not. And I might be pimping the Corolla.

nate
11-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Depending on the money situation, if I have any vacation time, and if I'm even here... I'll try and make it. Looking at going during EJS though.

rrubio
11-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Cool, thanks guys.

Do we want to try and get a group house thing going or something?
There is always or it seems like always a group rate at the Red-Stone inn.Great prices and can't beat a good shower after wheeling all day and night (last years Golden Spike Run).

Cue-Ball
11-23-2005, 05:49 PM
I agree a shower is a nice way to end the day.

Cody
11-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Depending on the money situation, if I have any vacation time, and if I'm even here... I'll try and make it. Looking at going during EJS though.

if you want to do some wheelin, you may want to reconsider. any other week but EJS is good for wheelin. EJS is good for drinking and hanging out.

Krash80
11-24-2005, 01:40 PM
i'll be there for sure, and the trashcan will probably be in exactly the same condition as it was when i parked it in the garage after GSW 2005...i'll probably start getting it ready on june 5, '06.

i've got a couple buddies who'll likely be caravaning with me with their stock/mild WJ's, so i may run a couple of the easier trails to ride w/ them and see some different scenery.

and this next time at hotel MC, i'm sleeping at the farthest opposite end of the house from pam and dave's bedroom as possible (thumpity thumpity woo woooo!)

-Ronaldo-

benzj
11-29-2005, 10:07 PM
I'll be there. If diesel comes down some then I can defently tow the ZJ out west.

I really want to come and make the drive, Ive been out to CO a few times, but Ive never driven from across the country before.

As of now I will be there.

Bennett

jeepnzj1
12-08-2005, 06:36 PM
will be there after the fun last year im hooked will be coming from so cal so lets caravan lets figure sompthing out im driving this year no trailer. i cant wait.

Cue-Ball
12-08-2005, 06:38 PM
For all you Cali guys we will definetaly set up a caravan, as it gets closer we will bang out the details.

Dougs ZJ
12-08-2005, 10:45 PM
For all you Cali guys we will definetaly set up a caravan, as it gets closer we will bang out the details.

Sounds good Que. Count me in. Just got my springs from Clayton tonight thanks to the big brown santa van.:D Ill be getting my long arms next Tuesday (I think). Just have to figure out when I can take it to Jerod.

Sandy R
12-08-2005, 11:27 PM
I don't know if anyone else is interested but I leave California around 5am every year on the Tuesday before GSW and drive straight through to Moab, stopping only for gas. I kick back Wednesday, maybe do some mild wheeling and double check everything on the Jeep. I do a hard trail on Thursday. I always run into others who are also there early and we hit the trails by day and the food and spirits by night. Glad you're making it again Kevin. And Dirk, we may be too far apart to caravan but I look forward to finally meeting you and wheeling with you. Sorry we didn't hook up when I only lived an hour away in the East Bay for all of those years.

Cue-Ball
12-09-2005, 01:03 AM
I hear you Sandy, who knows maybe I will just head down to LA that weekend before and then head out with you guys? My in-laws are in Palmdale so I know I got a bed there.

We will see as it gets closer.

Texas ZJ1
12-09-2005, 01:46 AM
Krash,

make sure to make reservations for all three nights. That way you won't get kicked out by the Cadilac convention next year.

Hunter

Sandy R
12-09-2005, 03:03 AM
I hear you Sandy, who knows maybe I will just head down to LA that weekend before and then head out with you guys? My in-laws are in Palmdale so I know I got a bed there.

We will see as it gets closer.

I drive through Palmdale on my way. One of my brothers lives there too.

jeepnzj1
12-09-2005, 05:15 PM
sounds good to me Sandy im a drive straight through kinda person myself what day do you plan on leaving moab. //Kevin//

Cue-Ball
12-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Well as it gets closer I will have a better handle on when I can bug out of work and all that crap.

Sandy R
12-10-2005, 02:21 AM
sounds good to me Sandy im a drive straight through kinda person myself what day do you plan on leaving moab. //Kevin//

Right after the Sunday run, which is usually only half a day.

Cue-Ball
12-10-2005, 02:23 AM
Sandy,

How long does it take you to drive from the LA area to Moab?

Sandy R
12-10-2005, 02:34 AM
Sandy,

How long does it take you to drive from the LA area to Moab?

I don't recall exactly except that it's shorter than going from Northern California to Moab by at least several hours. I think it took me 14 hours last year compared to 17 hours from Nor Cal the prior 7 years. The other factor I contend with that you won't have to is that my Jeep is so heavy from added armor and the junk I carry that the poor high milage clunker with the 4.0 has a hard time just doing the speed limit.

Cue-Ball
12-10-2005, 02:41 AM
True mine may not be as heavy but I am sure it will be alot worse than it is today. Those damn Clayton arms are HEAVY, not to mention about another 80 pounds or so for the rockers and ALL the weight of the TR bumpers I have.

That reminds me I want to get my shit weighed before I do the axle swaps and long are stuff just to get an idea of weight.

Cody
12-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Ya, I usually just leave from work wednesday evening and get there in time for beers wednesday night......it's nice living so close :D

Cody :cheer2:

Cue-Ball
12-11-2005, 01:04 AM
Ya, I usually just leave from work wednesday evening and get there in time for beers wednesday night......it's nice living so close :D

Cody :cheer2:

You SUCK:booya: :booya:

Bustin' Loose
12-11-2005, 04:09 AM
Yeah...but he has to LIVE in Utah. It's sweet being so close to Moab...but he has to live in Utah. . . I'm not sure I could handle that.

Cody
12-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Yeah...but he has to LIVE in Utah. It's sweet being so close to Moab...but he has to live in Utah. . . I'm not sure I could handle that.
ya, you obviously don't know much about utah aside what heresay tells you ;)

Utah is a kick ass place to live. Tons of things to do, tons of places to see, lots of cool people--and lots of not so cool people. It's just like everywhere else except way more cool things to do.

from my experience, it's only the intolerant and judgmental people that have a difficult time living here.

Cody

edit: and I"m by no means calling you ignorant for not wanting to live here. just an observation about the kind of people that are miserable here thats all.

bburgi
12-13-2005, 01:19 PM
It's official! My wife just asked off for Grand Slam weekend, so she'll be joing me as I head up there to wheel the crap out of the Dub-J.

(Man, it is SO awesome to have a wife who can appreciate this Jeep thing. :best: )

Cue-Ball
12-13-2005, 01:40 PM
It's official! My wife just asked off for Grand Slam weekend, so she'll be joing me as I head up there to wheel the crap out of the Dub-J.

(Man, it is SO awesome to have a wife who can appreciate this Jeep thing. :best: )

Congrats, my wife thinks I am nuts.

bburgi
12-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Well, she still thinks I'm nuts! But she does appreciate that this is something I love and she has tons of fun riding shotgun while we're wheeling.

Cue-Ball
12-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Still very cool, I look forward to meeting you both.

BigDaveZJ
12-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Shit, Pam is into this just as much as I am and she even thinks I'm nuts sometimes!!

Pitch
12-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Sounds like the WJ's are gonna be well represented this year . We can't let those square grands have all the fun. Question is, will there be any more WK's?

JohnBoulderCO
12-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Yeah, the WJ population is going up!:D

Sandy R
12-14-2005, 01:33 AM
Seems to me as the years pass the ZJ becomes the endangered species as the high mileage WJs become the vehicle of choice to build.

Kraqa
12-14-2005, 03:10 AM
hmm endangered? seems liek the Squar Bodied ones get cracks in ther eunibody and the owners are forced to buggy them :flipoff2:

my GF might not be able to make it. If that is the case i'l be driving down solo.

Tommy
12-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Wife is coming with me aswell. Should be intresting, she can hardly stand me driving on the street let alone offraod. She has been out with me probably a total of two times since we have been married. I am hoping she enjoys her self. Wonder how much this is going to cost in diesel from socal?

Cody
12-14-2005, 05:18 PM
how does it make you guys feel that by this time of year, about 2/3'rds of all you guys that say you'll be there "for sure" won't really make it....life happens every year for most people.

;)

Tommy
12-14-2005, 05:39 PM
how does it make you guys feel that by this time of year, about 2/3'rds of all you guys that say you'll be there "for sure" won't really make it....life happens every year for most people.

;)

I will be there this year. Need to give you the grattitude of watching my rig flop, as you requested.

Cue-Ball
12-14-2005, 05:50 PM
I will be there, if I am driving the Jeep or getting picked up at the sirport is still yet to be determined.

N2Deep
12-14-2005, 09:34 PM
I have plans on being there. I just have to get a few thing fixed and don't plan on pushing to hard to break anything else.:rolleyes: I like spending the time off-road and not in the garage.
Coming from Vegas so it shouldn't take too long.

Looking forward to meeting some of you crazy folks:smt118

:best:out

Cody
12-15-2005, 03:34 AM
Oh, I know you all have the bestest intentions, and I truly hope that you all make it and make it safely with all the stuff you want to have done. I'm just saying that every year, lots of people swear up and down that they will make it and they never do.

but that won't be you guys--that will be the other schmo's!

Hell, I'm not even saying I'm going to be there this year.....

Sandy R
12-15-2005, 10:16 AM
Hell, I'm not even saying I'm going to be there this year.....

Cody:
Is this a change from prior years? Or is there really a chance that you won't make it? GSW participants have come & gone but you're now an event icon. You have to be there!

Cody
12-15-2005, 10:39 AM
well, i'm trying to sell the rig, but if it doesn't sell then I'll still be there. I will still come most likely if I don't have the jeep but not that that matters much.

one of the guys interested in the jeep is cool with letting me take it for GSW so if that goes through i'll be there, jeep in tow.

Cody

OverkillZJ
12-15-2005, 10:43 AM

;)

The last two years I said I probably wouldn't make it... Yet by some miracle I ended up there and more amazingly still drove it hope.

This year would be more amazing if I get there though.

Cody
12-15-2005, 01:05 PM
it's just hard to know where you'll be in June. A lot of stuff can change in 6 months.

BigDaveZJ
12-15-2005, 01:19 PM
The last two years I said I probably wouldn't make it... Yet by some miracle I ended up there and more amazingly still drove it hope.

This year would be more amazing if I get there though.

And then we have people like Ron who have said "I am FOR SURE WITHOUT A DOUBT going to be there" for every GSW since 2001, and FINALLY show up in 2005! :flipoff2:

Cody
12-15-2005, 03:08 PM
oh yea, and don't forget Chase, who was 100% in for 2 different GSW's and 2 different GSSW's.

oops.

Cody

Cue-Ball
12-15-2005, 03:25 PM
oh yea, and don't forget Chase, who was 100% in for 2 different GSW's and 2 different GSSW's.

oops.

Cody

Cody,

DON'T even get us started on that guy.:smt075 :overkill:

Peak ZJ
12-15-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm trying to put things together to make it this year..... Wife is on board this year..

Krash80
12-15-2005, 04:08 PM
LOL Dave, ya beat me to it. I tried coming there for 4 years before finally making this past year. EVERY year, right before the event, something would either break or blow up on my jeep, or I was a poor college student and couldn't afford it, or couldn't get off work or whatever. But now i'm out of school and run my own business, so I can basically take off whenever I want and all the money I spend on my jeep is a tax writeoff...not to mention I have a tow rig now also...so there's really not much to keep me from making it anymore.
But the wait was sure worthwhile...this year's moab trip was everything I expected it to be and more, and i'll certainly give it all I've got to be there again in '06!

-Ron-

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
12-16-2005, 01:27 AM
I will be there. Its my 21st birthday present to myself. ;)

nate
12-16-2005, 02:00 AM
If I have the money and I'm not deployed kicking towelhead ass, I'll try and make it.

OverkillZJ
12-16-2005, 03:00 AM
Goddamnit, I guess I'm going to have to make this one, which means I have to finish the damn buggy. I didn't think last years event could be any crazier, but.... well ya, it can :finga:

Snowman
12-18-2005, 04:27 PM
I am planning on coming to Grand Slam West. I will search the thread for details.

Snowman

Snowman
12-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Now that I have read the thread.

It took me 11.5 hours from Los Angeles to Moab with stops for gas in Vegas and fast food.

Yes, I am interested in a convoy.

I will camp in a motel. I have stayed in the Motel 8 and the Big Horn Lodge. The Big Horn is not as nice but has a small refrig and is near the information center in "Downtown Moab".

I may arrive on Wednesday afternoon or Thursday afternoon.

The ZJ will go in for the next round of build ups in February.

In the mean time there is fresh powder that needs body packing in Utah and Colorado. [We all know that body packed snow is much better than machine packed snow.]

Snowman

RollinBallsDeep
01-13-2006, 09:28 PM
I'll be there, this is my first GSW so Im not too sure on how things work while there but I think it would be kind of cool to get all the mallcarwlin members together and get a picture with their rigs. Just an idea

Kraqa
01-13-2006, 10:09 PM
i think its a great idea. i'l be there with my rig. things are lookign so nice now for mee all i need to do is sell my T-case to afford a new front axle and i shoudl be driving here very shortly. i'm hoping to have the new SB350 in by the end of this weekend. i'm picking up the tranny tonight i just bought a new clutch.

nate
01-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Looks like about 9 hrs for me. 540 miles. Not too bad. Just need to buy a trailer and I'm ready to go. Oh... I'm number 50 on the list BTW. haha

Kraqa
01-14-2006, 02:56 AM
25 hours for me.

BiggerZJ
01-14-2006, 03:21 AM
mmmmmmm... think im going to come, hard to say what will be going on at that point but im one crazy mother fucker, ill leave this beautiful east coast to tow my shit 32hrs all the way to the center of utahs armpit just to trash my pathetic excuse of a trail rig!! hey BENZJ ill hook up with you in conway and we can race there, bet my cummis will kick your cummins ass!!lol! honestly if someone wants to help with fuel i can arrange to tow their shit outthere with mine, but you will have to meet me somewhere, im not going to far out of my way.

OverkillZJ
01-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Anyone coming from the east coast and traveling 70: we could always pick a town to meet in at a time and caravan out. Then crash dave's place for hotel mallcrawlin :finga:

Bustin' Loose
01-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Ahhh...The second annual Hotel Mallcrawlin. . .

This could be scary. :D

Snowman
01-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Which motel is everyone staying at?

Anyone interested in caravaning [convoying - oh wee we gotta convoy!!] from the Los Angeles area/ Southern California?

Snowman

BigDaveZJ
01-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Snowman,
We typically take over the Redstone Inn.

Kraqa
01-14-2006, 04:38 PM
when do you book the redstone?

Cue-Ball
01-14-2006, 04:41 PM
I believe Sandy is already planning a convoy from LA. I may even come down from Nor Cal and meet up with him and whomever in Palmdale then head out.

There is a slight chance I may need to fly out there and grab a ride with someone (my wife is stressing out about the bills right now, you know how it is sometimes).

BigDaveZJ
01-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Kris,
We usually get in touch with them a couple months before hand and set up group rates.

Snowman
01-14-2006, 04:52 PM
I booked at the Redstone. Now if my waiver would just show up!

Snowman

:drinkers:

RollinBallsDeep
01-27-2006, 12:03 AM
how long/miles will it take everyone to get there? For me 14 hours and 961 miles. Gotta fill up a total of 8 times there and back. Truck get 300 miles to a tank which is a 31 gallon tank, so 4 up 4 back which will be $695 in diesel at $2.80 a gallon. Damn that suck but it will be worth it in the end. Im pumped!!

BigDaveZJ
01-27-2006, 01:15 AM
how long/miles will it take everyone to get there? For me 14 hours and 961 miles. Gotta fill up a total of 8 times there and back. Truck get 300 miles to a tank which is a 31 gallon tank, so 4 up 4 back which will be $695 in diesel at $2.80 a gallon. Damn that suck but it will be worth it in the end. Im pumped!!

I made it once from Moab to my parent's old place in under 5 hours and one tank of gas. It's 363 miles from the RedStone to my parents' old place. I coasted in on fumes, but I made it! I've tried to duplicate that a couple times, and usually stop on Junction JUST to make sure I make it there.

nate
01-27-2006, 01:23 AM
So who all is booked at the Redstone?? If someone wants to share a room or something let me know, otherwise, I guess I'll be sleeping in a tent at a Walmart parking lot or something.

RollinBallsDeep
01-27-2006, 01:48 AM
I will be booking with them tommrow.

bluejeepman
01-27-2006, 01:59 AM
All Full for 2006?

Texas ZJ1
01-27-2006, 02:02 AM
They can't be full yet.

Hunter

BigDaveZJ
01-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Still a little room left, but not much, go to www.travelerz.net/grandslamwest (http://www.travelerz.net/grandslamwest) to register and put your waiver in the mail right away if you wanna go!

OverkillZJ
01-27-2006, 11:08 AM
So who all is booked at the Redstone?? If someone wants to share a room or something let me know, otherwise, I guess I'll be sleeping in a tent at a Walmart parking lot or something.

Nate, I'd definitely be game for that. I'll be coming with my fabmaster buddy Steve, and you can sqeeze four people in a double room for cheap... make sit like $15 a day per person, much more reasonable. I usually camp on wheeling trips as well, but after a long sweaty day in Moab, coming back to air conditioning, a shower, and a bed is nice. Or the floor if your'e Puma since Kraqa and I claimed the beds LOL.

We'll be staying around after the event too for more wheeling, I'll start another thread on that with details. So far it's just Kraqa and I, but that right there promises some seriously good entertainment...

Cue-Ball
01-27-2006, 11:21 AM
I want to get in with someone at the hotel also, I am too cheap to spring for a full rooom.

Sandy R
01-27-2006, 03:12 PM
I want to get in with someone at the hotel also, I am too cheap to spring for a full rooom.

Don't be too misled -- it's not a hotel. It's a room but does have a mini fridge, is very conveniently located and it's within stumbling distance of the Moab Brewery. This will be my 8th year in a row there but I do need my own room.

Cody
01-27-2006, 03:14 PM
, I guess I'll be sleeping in a tent at a Walmart parking lot or something.

I think the nearest walmart is in grand junction

I can show you my favorite dirt parking lot that nobody seems to care if you sleep in ;)

Sandy R
01-27-2006, 03:43 PM
All Full for 2006?

If you want to come to GSW then register. Some people always flake for various legitimate :) reaons so spaces will open up. If you're registered after vehicle number 50 you will likely know several weeks before GSW if enough have cancelled to move you up. It's also possible that a few over 50 may be allowed because some always flake (again for legitimate :) reasons of course) at the last moment or have vehicle trouble in Moab and drop out.

Texas ZJ1
01-27-2006, 04:47 PM
I have confirmed reservations at the Red Stone.

Hunter

Cue-Ball
01-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Shit I guess I better call and see if they still have any rooms.

Before I do is there anyone that wants to share a room?

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
01-27-2006, 05:19 PM
count me in.

Cue-Ball
01-27-2006, 05:21 PM
count me in.

Anyone else interested in sharing a room?

I am cheap what can I say.

zjmike4
01-28-2006, 06:42 PM
My parents may be heading that way too. If they do, I'll see if I can get in on their Condo. Its at the golf course, 4 singles, 2 queens and a pull out couch and lots of floor... if anyone wants to go in on this.

If that doesn't happen, I'll be camping out by the Sand Dunes near Hole in the Rock for free.

Cue-Ball
01-28-2006, 07:07 PM
My parents may be heading that way too. If they do, I'll see if I can get in on their Condo. Its at the golf course, 4 singles, 2 queens and a pull out couch and lots of floor... if anyone wants to go in on this.

If that doesn't happen, I'll be camping out by the Sand Dunes near Hole in the Rock for free.

I'm down with that. Let me know, I suppose I will have to call over to the hotel next week and see if they have anymore spots available, but with cash flow the way it is I may need to sleep in the back of the Heep:eek:

nate
01-29-2006, 02:56 AM
Cue if you want to split a room I will... or if Matt does... whoever, doesn't really bother me. I promise I won't beat off in the shower... too much :D hehehehaharrhahrrrharrr

Yeah I'm cheap too. Why pay $75 when you can get the same thing for 1/2 price right?

The only thing is I'm not 100% sure I will be able to make it, just in case I would deploy or something, but otherwise I'll be there.

Also if anyone needs a place to spend the night, I have room in the house for a few people. Could convoy down.

I'm working on getting the truck going. Need to do a bit of work to the Jeep, minor stuff though and just need to get a trailer. I need to call the bank on Monday and see if I can get a small loan.

Krash80
01-29-2006, 04:09 AM
I called Redstone today (january 28th) and reserved my non-smoking room w/ two full size beds no problem. they *should* still have rooms left.

Cue-Ball
01-29-2006, 11:50 AM
I called Redstone today (january 28th) and reserved my non-smoking room w/ two full size beds no problem. they *should* still have rooms left.

So you want to share the room?

How much for a room there anyway?

OverkillZJ
01-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Steve and I gonna need to share a room with 1-2 others $$$ wise. Anyone else still got room in a double, or should I book one?

I'll give you free high speed internet, I made a magical adapter cable last year :D

EDIT: gotta be nonsmoking, I'm a pussy.

EDIT2: don't forget to mention GSW, I think we're getting a group rate.

nate
01-29-2006, 01:30 PM
http://www.moabredstone.com/virtual-tour/rsi_double/index.htm

I don't see how you'd be able to get 4 people in a room. Those rooms look pretty small.

OverkillZJ
01-29-2006, 01:41 PM
We did 3 last year, can definitely do 4. Like I said, I'm being cheap. We just stuck Puma on the floor and call it a night LMAO

nate
01-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Splitting the cost of a room is great, but I figured there would be enough room for an air mattress or cot at least.

So the trail runs are 9 June - 11 June, is that correct? Would it be safe to arrive Thursday night and leave Monday morning?

Bustin' Loose
01-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Hey guys, make sure you tell them you are with GSW. The Queen Bed Room is $54.95/night and the Two Double Bed Room is $59.95/night. Those are the GSW group rates for that night.

And Dave and I are booked as well. I'll apologize in advance for whoever gets the room next to ours. :D :D :D :D

Sandy R
01-29-2006, 03:11 PM
And Dave and I are booked as well. I'll apologize in advance for whoever gets the room next to ours. :D :D :D :D

Yeah, I hate loud snoring :D .

Texas ZJ1
01-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Dave told me that Pam wears those breathe right strips now.:eek:

Hunter

Krash80
01-29-2006, 06:01 PM
Dirk-
I'm supposedly bringing a group of 6 with me from Chicago (my ZJ and 2 stock-ish WJ's), so I know some of my friends may want to share that room. I honestly could care less how crowded the room is though so if you or anyone else wants to bring a sleeping bag and crash on the floor and save some cash, that's cool with me. Let me check with my friends Bill and John though to find out if they've reserved their own rooms yet or whatever...I think Bill and his wife will probably want their own room...maybe we can put them next to Pam and Dave. :D

Actually, I hope I get the room next to Pam and Dave, cause if they're loud all night and keep me up, I'll complain to the hot red-head at the front desk and she may give me a free nights stay or something.

Cue-Ball
01-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Steve and I gonna need to share a room with 1-2 others $$$ wise. Anyone else still got room in a double, or should I book one?

I'll give you free high speed internet, I made a magical adapter cable last year :D

EDIT: gotta be nonsmoking, I'm a pussy.

EDIT2: don't forget to mention GSW, I think we're getting a group rate.

I,m down Matt let me know.

Cue-Ball
01-29-2006, 06:43 PM
Dirk-
I'm supposedly bringing a group of 6 with me from Chicago (my ZJ and 2 stock-ish WJ's), so I know some of my friends may want to share that room. I honestly could care less how crowded the room is though so if you or anyone else wants to bring a sleeping bag and crash on the floor and save some cash, that's cool with me. Let me check with my friends Bill and John though to find out if they've reserved their own rooms yet or whatever...I think Bill and his wife will probably want their own room...maybe we can put them next to Pam and Dave. :D

Actually, I hope I get the room next to Pam and Dave, cause if they're loud all night and keep me up, I'll complain to the hot red-head at the front desk and she may give me a free nights stay or something.

I think what I will do is just fly by the seat of my pants this year and just bring a sleeping bag and take my chances finding a spot on someones floor.

Hell I have even slept in a bathtub before (don't ask)

JohnBoulderCO
01-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Hell I have even slept in a bathtub before (don't ask)

I know how that story goes.;) I woke up in a bathtub once also.

BigDaveZJ
01-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Hopefully it wasn't the same bathtub that Keith rebuilt a tranny in!

OverkillZJ
01-29-2006, 09:08 PM
LMFAO. I love this group.

Dirk, have you booked a room yet? If not, I'll call tomorrow and book one.

Krash80
01-30-2006, 06:28 AM
Just hope when you wake up in that bathtub that it's not filled with ice and your kidney is missing. :flipoff2:

The only reason I see why someone wouldn't be able to sleep on my floor is if my gf decides to come with and wants some alone time. :D

Texas ZJ1
01-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Krash,

I knew you hooked up with the big bald guy in the cut up blue ZJ last year.

Hunter

That'll probably get me banned.

Cue-Ball
01-30-2006, 11:15 AM
LMFAO. I love this group.

Dirk, have you booked a room yet? If not, I'll call tomorrow and book one.

No I have not.

Cue-Ball
01-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Just hope when you wake up in that bathtub that it's not filled with ice and your kidney is missing. :flipoff2:

Nope no ice in the tub for me and both kidneys still intact.

XLSLC
01-30-2006, 12:41 PM
I made a reservation at the Redstone for a room with 2 beds... I'm not sure how many people will be with me, anywhere from 0-3, but if I've got extra room at the event, all you bums who need a place are welcome to bunk up.

Cue-Ball
01-30-2006, 12:46 PM
I made a reservation at the Redstone for a room with 2 beds... I'm not sure how many people will be with me, anywhere from 0-3, but if I've got extra room at the event, all you bums who need a place are welcome to bunk up.

Thanks.

Bustin' Loose
01-30-2006, 11:33 PM
I think Bill and his wife will probably want their own room...maybe we can put them next to Pam and Dave. :D

maybe we can get a rythm going??

Ron, that's assuming the chick is still there and that she'll give you the time of day.

And As I said to Hunter. . .it took me a good minute to figure to catch on. i'm like huh? I don't use the breath right strips anymore. I stopped using them pre-Dave when my . . . oh...now I get it.

What can I say, it was early on a Monday morning and it was a late Sunday night.

nate
01-31-2006, 01:04 AM
Ok, what dates do you all plan on being in Moab? I understand the event is 9-11 June. But I'm trying to figure out what dates I need to take for leave.

If there's interest in doing something in Colorado, I would be willing. As long at it's not way the heck out of my way. I just need a good idea of what the dates will be. I'm already late in the game to take leave (boss wants it a year out :rolleyes: )

nate
01-31-2006, 10:29 PM
hello?

OverkillZJ
01-31-2006, 11:24 PM
most arive afternoon of the 8th for the get together that evening :D

I'll DEFINITELY be wheeling for 5-10 days after GSW itself, I'm just not sure where and for how long yet...

nate
02-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Ok. I'll put the 7th to the 14th I think. The 11th, is that a wheeling day, or does everyone normally leave that day?? As long as people are sticking around, I'll wheel, but it everyone high tails it home on the 11-12th, I'll leave then too.

BigDaveZJ
02-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Usually 1/3 of the people stick around on wheel on Sunday. We won't be taking off until Monday at the earliest.

nate
02-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Ok. Anyone have an empty bed at the Redstone, or should I book??

Cue-Ball
02-01-2006, 01:31 AM
most arive afternoon of the 8th for the get together that evening :D

I'll DEFINITELY be wheeling for 5-10 days after GSW itself, I'm just not sure where and for how long yet...

So there is a get together the evening of the 8th??

I am thinking I will hook up with Sandy in So Cal and carovan with him. will probably bail out Sunday evening or Monday morning.

Krash80
02-01-2006, 05:30 AM
Krash,
I knew you hooked up with the big bald guy in the cut up blue ZJ last year.

LMFAO...that's not much better than what you had before! Bastard. :finga:

Sandy R
02-01-2006, 09:20 AM
So there is a get together the evening of the 8th??

I am thinking I will hook up with Sandy in So Cal and carovan with him. will probably bail out Sunday evening or Monday morning.

There is a Meet & Greet & check-in Thursday eve that saves us time getting out Friday morning. Two years ago we held it at Moab Off Road. Last year we held it at a local park. Keith is trying to reserve the park again. Details will follow once confirmed but usually we have a window between 5-8pm where we ask folks to stop by.

Dirk, this is my annual GSW trip plan: I leave Los Angeles on Tuesday at 5am and drive straight through, stopping only for gas. Wednesday I kick back and then Thursday there is a GSW Planner's-Only run. I leave from Moab directly after Sunday's run and drive straight back to LA because I have to work Monday morning. You're welcome to caravan with me if this itinerary meets with your schedule.

Cue-Ball
02-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Dirk, this is my annual GSW trip plan: I leave Los Angeles on Tuesday at 5am and drive straight through, stopping only for gas. Wednesday I kick back and then Thursday there is a GSW Planner's-Only run. I leave from Moab directly after Sunday's run and drive straight back to LA because I have to work Monday morning. You're welcome to caravan with me if this itinerary meets with your schedule.

Thanks Sandy,

I am thinking I will carovan with you on the way out Tuesday and then be on my own on the way home. I will probably meet you in the Palmdale area as you are heading through.