PDA

View Full Version : Climate control / Air conditioning problem

dasVettemeister
08-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Ok, before all of you fuckers start bitching and saying "you don't need a/c" let me say this: I LIVE IN GODDAMN ARIZONA!!!!

Now, on to the issue....

94 ZJ with the automatic climate control. It's doing some really weird shit. The blower motor started working randomly at random speeds the other day. Sometimes (rarely) when I turn on the a/c in either the automatic or manual setting the blower will turn on. Sometimes it is delayed a few minutes. Sometimes it will not run the blower motor at all. If it does happen to be running, it slows down or completely stops when I touch the gas, and speeds up when I hit the brakes. (no, I'm not joking or crazy). The blower motor itself is fine, as is the compressor. The system is charged completely also. Anyone hear of or have similar problems? HELP!!!! It sucks not having a/c when it's 110 degrees outside.

ZJake
08-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Wait... have you ever been to the deep south? Humidity = 100% + 100*F = sucks. Other than that can't help. My a/c was down for a year before I fixed it. I realized I had to check the pressure when its on recurculate duuu . Sounds like you might have som major league interference.

dasVettemeister
08-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Wait... have you ever been to the deep south? Humidity = 100% + 100*F = sucks.

Yes, I have been to the deep south. I also lived in Raleigh/Durham. Rigging during the week, roofing on weekends. It was more "pleasant" than the heat I see here.

nate
08-06-2005, 12:43 AM
It hit like 75 the other day and I had to use the A/C cause I was sweating my balls off. Today it was close to 70... another scorcher. :mrgreen:

TrojanMan
08-06-2005, 03:20 AM
It hit like 75 the other day and I had to use the A/C cause I was sweating my balls off. Today it was close to 70... another scorcher. :mrgreen:

Last week I was installing my stroker in the jeep in 100 degrees one day, 102 the next day.. about 80-100% humidity.

Sorry I can't solve your AC problems, just wanted to hijack.

dasVettemeister
08-06-2005, 04:26 AM
Sorry I can't solve your AC problems, just wanted to hijack.

Dirty rat bastards! :finga: :mrgreen:

hoffyinaz
08-10-2005, 03:13 PM
roll windows down.
oe hell cut the roof off

by the way my 94 zj has a/c issues too, it sucks

nate
08-10-2005, 09:29 PM
That problem sounds like it's vacuum related... Check your lines for leaks. I'm not too familar with the auto climate system.

dasVettemeister
08-11-2005, 07:31 PM
That problem sounds like it's vacuum related... Check your lines for leaks. I'm not too familar with the auto climate system.

Yeah, that was the first thing I checked including the one-way valves and actuators. I was convinced I'd find an issue there considering the on/off throttle aspect of the problem. No leaks anywhere in the system. It holds full vacuum reserve even after sitting for a few days. This is one helluva weird problem. Now it's intermittent, and happening less frequently. Arrrrgghhh!!!!! Damn Jeeps.