PDA

View Full Version : Sanden OBA wiring?

zjeepin
08-01-2005, 08:45 PM
So I've read all the past threads on this, read the links and blahah. so what exactly do you have to do to use the stock a/c button?

ATL ZJ
08-01-2005, 10:29 PM
AC button thru pressure switch to clutch. make sure the switch gets 12v power and a ground also. Make sure the compressor/ clutch is grounded.

zjeepin
08-02-2005, 08:31 AM
So do i need to make another ground from the compressor to the body? and can it be from anywhere on the compressor?

ATL ZJ
08-09-2005, 03:43 PM
My compressor is just grounded through its bracket. It's a York though and I made the bracket, but I would assume the bracket on your sanden should work the same way. Unless the sanden has an aluminum housing that is. I really can't remember exactly what your setup looks like since I only took a quick peek at it, and everybody was more interested in cooking sandwiches on the manifold. :supz: It would have been easier to show you this weekend :mrgreen:, but I think what I typed there might make at least a little sense.

Trancezj
08-09-2005, 04:35 PM
but I think what I typed there might make at least a little sense.
if you think that made sense then I think that axle knocked something loose.

j/k

ATL ZJ
08-09-2005, 05:43 PM

j/k

ha, maybe it did :smt003 ..

Cliffs notes: I didnt even need to run a ground wire.

zjeepin
08-12-2005, 12:30 PM

j/k

ha, maybe it did :smt003 ..

Cliffs notes: I didnt even need to run a ground wire.

that roll DID knock something loose, neither of you make any sense...lol

im going to give grounding the compressor to the body a try, if that doesn't work i'll just wire in a new damn switch for it. where does the ground on yours comefrom tho? is it from the actual clutch or from one of the mounting screws for the compressor?

Swamp boy
08-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Mine grounds to the bracket and the hot wire runs to a switch..

Both wires come out of the clutch..The yellow wire you see is the ground..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/swampboy/IM003399.jpg

ATL ZJ
08-15-2005, 06:29 PM
On second thought, I may not have the clutch grounded actually. I didnt run any kind of ground wire and the compressor is mounted by hanging it from a bracket through rubber bushings. So that shouldn't provide a ground. As it is now, the switch stays illuminated all the time, when in reality, it should not. I haven't had time to look at it, but I will play with connecting a ground wire and see if it makes any difference. The switch still works to engage/ disengage the york itself though.

97trxuszj
08-17-2005, 04:00 PM
hey swampy do you oil that thing? or have a filter to run on the end of that inlet side? just curious I was told you need to oil them like every other day if you are constantly using them and that you should have a litttle filter

Swamp boy
11-27-2005, 12:03 AM
I have a tool oiler from Pepboys that I use ....

I am working on a writeup as I type.. I noticed that I said I would do one and aparently never did.. I searched and couldnt find it... (So it must not be here..:D)

I will search the writeups section and post it if I cant find it..

Carl