PDA

View Full Version : toyota case in a grand???

OHIOZJ
08-01-2005, 04:06 PM
ok, ive been reading and doing a little homework the past few weeks and was curious to know if there are any members here that have first hand experience adapting a toyota transfer case in their grand. ive been interested in doing it for a while now. . . .

JeepinHank
08-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Would you be able to clock it so that it is drivers side drop?

No first hand experience, but that's the first thing that jumped in my head...

Kraqa
08-02-2005, 02:58 PM
i'v never herd of any ZJ guys swapping out for toy t-cases. with the abundance of good jeep cases out there it seems liek alot of work.

OHIOZJ
08-03-2005, 10:15 AM
well, i do know that 96 and newer cases are driver side drop. so thats what i would have to work with.

and as far as good jeep cases go, i know they are strong and all but toyota cases are pretty cheap and to do a dual case setup seems cheaper than a 800 dollar 4-1 gears for my single case, plus ill still have the availability of regular 4low. im still not sure about it yet, just wanted some feedback. last i heard the 4-1 gears for my 231 were close to that 800 dollar mark i mentioned. it might be a little more labor intensive for the dual cases but im pretty sure i would love it in the end. sure would be nice if there was a dual case set up on the 231 case. . . .