PDA

View Full Version : OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT? & K&N FIPK GEN II

97trxuszj
07-26-2005, 03:40 PM
As I was driving back from a trip this weekend camping, after getting off the highway, and coming to a stop light I noticed my oil pressure went to zero. I put it in Nuetral and reved it up a little it went back up, thought nothing of it get home check the oil perfect, I had just changed my oil before I left. Didn't do it again all day mon, then today TUES. it did it again numerous times, but only when stopped, then it goes back up when driving again. Do you guys just think its the oil pressure sending unit going out? or internal? Also anyone have a problem with their K&N FIPK intake cracking around the mounting screw? mine did you think I can get another one free?

Ken L
07-26-2005, 04:16 PM
My sending unit acted like that when it was on its' way out.

Jim311
07-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Have it mechanically tested. Or just replace the sending unit and see if that happens again. If your oil pump fails you should start to hear the top end tapping. A new sending unit is like 25 bucks from Afro Zone, so it might be worth just replacing. If you have the 5.2L you're going to shit a brick trying to change it... it's infuriating.