PDA

View Full Version : Mayday! Trouble w/ stroker

TrojanMan
07-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Tried to get her running again today. I have it set to where it will fire up, if you hold WOT. It will shoot straight to 1K RPM, as long as you hold WOT. It sounds a little rough, so I tried to advance/retard the distributor by slightly turning it, doing either one causes the engine to shut off. If I let off WOT the engine will cut off. What do I do from here?

I don't think its a timing issue, because all of the cylinders are hitting, what is wrong? I have video on the camera I need to upload, but all it shows is the oil pressure staying normal, temp normal, and RPM at 1K (but it does tell you how LOUD this thing is)

Kraqa
07-26-2005, 12:28 AM
have you checked your sensores?

mine does that when my TPS is not connected.

TrojanMan
07-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Yeah all sensors are connected, the computer isn't throwing a single code either. I think I need to retard the timing a little bit, but I'm not sure. This ignition sure is touchy.

paulkeith
07-26-2005, 08:40 AM
something else isn't right. you should be able to move the distributor a reasonable amount before it actually causes it to die. you want to leave it right where you have the best throttle response....ie open the throttle all the way, and it should go straight to redline without sputtering/hestating. you should have enough movement in the dist. that you can change the idle speed just with advance.

you have enough fuel pressure at the rail? good injectors? it sounds like a fuel delivery problem. clogged line? somethign along those lines.

TrojanMan
07-26-2005, 03:07 PM
the injectors are used, but I was hoping they'd be good. I'm thinking about putting my old injectors in to see if I got a bad set or not (fms 24#)

Mtn WJ
07-26-2005, 06:35 PM
You say you are sure the timing is correct but I know of a recent case on a 258 Jeep motor where a similar issue occured. The notches on the timing gears are not as obvious as you might think and a friend of mine was changing a timing chain and had to re-do it because he did not notice the correct marking on the two gears. Just a thought.

Keith

TrojanMan
07-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Yeah i'm starting to think cam timing might be off.