PDA

View Full Version : 14B Done...Brake issues....

zjeepin
07-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Well I've finally got my 14bff under the rig and test drove it a few times :partyman: However my brake pedal is WAY soft. Im certain I've got the lines bled well enough. My question is, will the e350 and xj booster take care of this as i have discs on the 14b? In the kung fu upgrade write-up it says the e350 MC is intended for a drum rear.

I know there are a few guys running 14b's on this forum any info is greatly appreciated...Trey

Kraqa
07-24-2005, 01:18 PM
diskes neew volum to run correctly. drums need pressure. well as a GENERAL statement.

the best person to talk to is Krash80. he did a break upgrade. i have a ford f350 MC sitting here i'm goign to try with my stock booster. but i dont' have time to install it.

chopshop
07-24-2005, 01:55 PM
e350 won't fit stock booster.

i'm running E350 and xj booster with rear '88 yj calipers. it works pretty good, nice hard pedal.

the chevy calipers prob have more volume than the jeep ones, but the e350 does work with rear discs is my point.

i can barely see a difference in the master's fluid level with the brakes on, so theoretically, you could run a larger caliper.

the pushrod in between the booster and master was a bit tricky to set up, it was too long in my case, and the rears were dragging. then i adjusted it too short and the brakes felt like they had a ton of air in them, and couldn't lock. once i found the sweet spot, it's all good.

DD, btw.

zjeepin
07-24-2005, 02:05 PM
i'll send krash a PM. BTW my zj had 4 wheel discs factory, does anyone know if the MCs are different for disc/drum zj's?

Jim311
07-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Is there a proportioning valve that perhaps needs removal?

zjeepin
07-24-2005, 03:13 PM
the factory proportioning valve on the rear axle has been removed for a simple T fitting. Is there another one im missing?

MassZJ
07-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Trey,
what did you use for rotors? I am having a problem finding ones that will fit correctly.

Scott

zjeepin
07-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Im using wearever rotors from Advance. I origonally bought rotors from NAPA and they didn't work bc they were too wide, the caliper wouldn't slide over them with the pads installed. The napa ones were 1.550" thick and the advance ones were 1.300, HUGE difference, supposedly the same rotor by all part numbers. hth :axe: