PDA

View Full Version : Engine code 55 question and problem

Mabdaddy
07-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Just got back from a 500 mile road trip. 94 ZJ V8 auto 249 stock 161,000 miles. Went back out to run an errand and when I started the truck up it was running rough felt like it was missing. Shut it off and restarted. Still running rough but not as bad. Drove it a little and it smoothed out but not like it was. Did the key code deal and came up with 55 which as I understand it means it's just done going through the codes and no problems. But the diplay says "PERFORM SERVICE" and it still isn't running right. Has new plugs, wires, rotor, cap about 4000 miles ago. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

BigDaveZJ
07-23-2005, 11:10 AM
The perform service just means that a mileage based counter in the rig says its time to change your oil.

Mabdaddy
07-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Yeah that's what I thought too, but when this happened the mileage count down went to zero and then it said perform service, so I sort of figured that something caused it to zero out and then give me the warning. Unless it was just a toal coincidence and it just so happened on that exact moment. I hadn't been watching the mileage.

How about the IAC? Could it being dirty cause this problem? Went from running perfect to not when I started it back up. Fuel filter? Warp reactor? Dilithium crystal?

BigDaveZJ
07-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah that's what I thought too, but when this happened the mileage count down went to zero and then it said perform service, so I sort of figured that something caused it to zero out and then give me the warning. Unless it was just a toal coincidence and it just so happened on that exact moment. I hadn't been watching the mileage.

It's called the odometer, gets info from the VSS and tells you how far you've driven. :smt105