PDA

View Full Version : Seat & sideview Mirror Presets

Bustin' Loose
07-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Okay...be kind. THis is the first time I've asked any tech question and I know very little to begin with. Electrical completely escapes me.

I've tried putting up with this but it is gonna drive me nuts (I know, too late right?). I don't have the first clue how to fix it and as far as I know neither does Dave.

My Limited has the two presets for driver 1 and driver 2 for the driver's seat and the side view mirrors. They are triggered off the remotes as well as the two buttons on the door. Well, they don't hold the settings. Now, if they just didn't move that would be fine, I'd just set my seat and mirrors and be done with it. But nooooo....not only do they not hold the settings I keep trying to put in them, but every damn time I open my door with my remote, it moves the seat and side view mirrors into the wrong position. So I have to adjust my seat and my mirrors. It's a royal PITA

Anyone got a clue how to fix this?

~Pam

bill~ns
07-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Something I copied off JU of all places...

"Memory Mirror Fix - Thanks to Moparman
Inside the mirror there is a sensor that tracks where it sits and this gets dirty and it screws up. Here is the fix.

Put the window down, as its easier to work,take the mirror and tilt it down all the way.Now carefully pull up on the mirror and it will unsnap from the housing.Lay it down on the door with a rag under it so as not to scratch the door.Now if you look there are 4 little tabs hooked into the plastic frame that the mirror attached to.........take a little flat screwdriver and carefully unhook/pry them out.Once you have them unhooked take and carefully put your fingers behind the frame and pull it off the pivot in the centre of the motor assy.Once that is off take and remove the torq. screws holding the motor to the mirror frame.Holding it flat,take out the rest of the screws.There are 2 more under the little rubber "condom" that goes over the 4 little arms.Now VERY carefully separate the 2 halves. Make sure the arms stay in the motor!! Once you have the arms off,you;ll see the little "fingers" against the little resistor strip.VERY carefully ,and not mixing up the arms,take them out,clean off the old grease from the strips in the motor, and then clean up the "fingers",being careful as they are very easily bent.Bend them out a bit so they have good contact and then regrease them with dilectric grease(radio shack etc)Your done!! Just reverse the steps to put it back together.
Dave St.Louis(mopar tech)"

I've done this, and it works well... the little electrical "fingers" are very small and delicate.. be careful here.

Bill

Bustin' Loose
07-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Sweet! I searched JU and apparently my search skills for JU suck...

Thanks Bill. Will try this out this weekend.

~Pam

dasVettemeister
07-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Sweet! I searched JU and apparently my search skills for JU suck...

Thanks Bill. Will try this out this weekend.

~Pam

That's TWO (2) posts in a row from Pam without smileys. My mind is officially blown. Holy shit batman!!!!! Put this one in the record books.

Are you ok Pam? Sick? Going mental on us? :rolleyes:

Bustin' Loose
07-20-2005, 09:20 PM
:finga: :smt002

it's stress... And don't ask what stress or you'll get an earfull of women bs that will bore you and embarass me. :butthead: