PDA

View Full Version : FUBAR t-case crossmember

norton
07-14-2005, 04:52 PM
smashed it yesterday. It got pushed far enough back so that the u-joint on the driveshaft was smacking the shit outa it (machine gun thud). Luckily i had a really bfh nearby and i managed the beat it eventually foreward enough so i could drive it with no machine gun thud. Later going over speed-bumps and crap the machine gun would let off a few rounds. So once again i got at the PITA with 2 bfhs and we managed to move the cross-member relatively further away from the u-joint. I took it thru my buddys field with some hills and no more machine gun fire.

Long story short .. its still bent way the fuck outa wack, but doesnt appear to be causing any trouble. Whats my best bet on a replacement? Im thinking salvage yard, but was wondering if theres any heavy-duty aftermarket pieces. (other than paying 280+35s&h for kevins)

Any reason I shouldnt drive it till i get a new one .. unibody twistage?

i can take pics if needed.

LouisianaZJ
07-14-2005, 05:16 PM
rustys prolly makes something

or just get some 2x2" and some 1/4" and make one

LouisianaZJ
07-14-2005, 05:18 PM
http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CM-300&Category_Code=zj_skid

$120

norton
07-14-2005, 10:05 PM
sweet, thats looking way better than spending 300+

im not not confident enough in my welding skill to make something that involves the structural integrity of the jeep. shit i still havent used the welder on the jeep at all yet.

Kraqa
07-14-2005, 10:41 PM
sweet, thats looking way better than spending 300+

im not not confident enough in my welding skill to make something that involves the structural integrity of the jeep. shit i still havent used the welder on the jeep at all yet.

and now is a perfict time to learn. Post lots of pics i'm sure you will get enought feedback to tell you if your doing it wrong.

jdoom
07-15-2005, 02:07 AM
Hey I live in wichita too. I'm building some LA's soon and subsequently will also be building a crossmember. If your interested, I could make two. Well I guess I should say that you could buy the materials come over and help out and in return have a crossmember. :supz:

I'm picking up my axles on saturday, I leave for Baltimore on the 26th and don't come back till the 8th (just got a promotion at one of my jobs and get to go there to train some people) but anyways. Once I get back the chaos begins. Let me know.

jdoom
07-15-2005, 02:18 AM
Just thought of this, dumbass me. If you just want a stock crossmember, I'm going to have one once my LA's are installed.

norton
07-16-2005, 05:56 AM
shit id love to help out when your building your CAs and x-member.

you gots a pm