PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with this hose?

offroadzj
07-14-2005, 11:31 AM
On the passanger side of the engine, there is a hose that goes from the valve cover to the middle of the intake manifold (top connection). I thought this was just a vent hose, but there seems to be vaccuum going through it... to the point that the hose is actually collapsing in on itself. When I did the swap, this hose was broken, so I replaced it with a new hose. From the valve cover, it connects to the middle of the passanger side of the intake manifold (there are 2 connections, one right about the other... it connects to the topmost connection). Any ideas??? Did I maybe connect this to the wrong place, or is it supposed to have vaccuum, and I just need to replace it with a stiffer hose?
Thanks

kenny

PS I would post pictures, but my HD crashed, and I lost the program to upload pictures from my cameral to my computer (Nikon View) So until I find the program, I only have the pics on my cam.

LouisianaZJ
07-14-2005, 11:37 AM
v8?

sounds like a PCV or CCV hose

Colorado 5.9
07-14-2005, 02:09 PM
This is how it should be if it's a 96 or newer. I'm not sure about 93's to 95 since they have the EGR valve. The top is for the PCV & the bottom one is vacume for the cruse control.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Colorado59/M1%20Intake%20Install/157_5704_1.jpg

offroadzj
07-14-2005, 02:16 PM
well JU helped me (surprisingly... lol) and it ended up just being too thin of a hose... so I will be getting a thicker walled hose today.
Thanks

Kenny