PDA

View Full Version : FS: lifted and modded 96 laredo

paulkeith
07-12-2005, 02:55 PM
grab a brew...this is a novel

ok, here we go

up for sale is my 1996 ZJ. Specs as follows. (deep breath...)

Basics:

1996 Laredo. Hunter Green
175,xxx miles
4.0L 42re NP242 3.73s
Tow Prep pkg, factory privacy glass.
Agate leather interior
clean title

Suspension Mods:
-OME HD+1.75 Anthony's BB. coils have ~20k on them. approx 2.5" lift
-Brand new JKS adj trackbar
-Brand new OME SD40
-Edelbrock IAS (too short for current lift) 40k miles on em
-Energy susp. front swaybar bushings
-Energy susp. rear swaybar endlinks

Drivetrain/engine mods:
-K&N 9” Cone filter with homebrew CAI
-2.5" exh from manifold to 3" Magnaflow, turndown. Can be annoying to the older demographic. I like it. I will include a cut-in-half mike leach 3” tailpipe for free.
-cat delete, casper’s o2 sim.
-Have brand new superior 4.56s in box(uninstalled) with installation kits. see below.
-Stock 15x7 canyons, 31x10.50 BFG KM's, 1/2+ tread, 20k miles, 1 yr old.

Exterior/armor mods:
-added full set of skids (frt, tcase, gas)
-ARB Bull Bar (slightly tweaked) with Hella Black Magics
-Homebrew rear bumper made of 2”x4” 3/16” tube. Pure beef.
-Homebrew sliders made of same. 2”x2” tie ins to frame. Also beef as hell
-Hidden Hitch

Recovery Accessories:
-Warn Hitch shackle mount
-2 shackles on bullbar
-fog lights on roofrack wired to switches in OHC, rear-facing lights also wired to reverse.

Stereo:
-Alpine CDA-7995 mp3/cd/xm ready. No internal amp. very hi-end unit.
-Alpine 75x4 max 35x4 rms amp
-CDT CL-61a (blems from thezeb.com…blems b/c they’re painted the wrong color)..fantastic sound
-custom A pillar tweeter mounts, crossovers under rear seat
-Memphis 6.5” two-ways in rear doors
-Lanzar 600 watt amp
-2 MTX Thunder 7000 12”
-4ga power wire from battery

Electronic/Interior mods:
-Limited leather/power seats front, leather rear out of 1996 limited
-Clifford Concept 200 Alarm, Remote Start…w/ 2 remotes, manuals, etc
-kolak’s wiring harness, silvania bulbs
-Cherokee CM-10 mounted in dash in old location of non-VIC computer
-100 sq ft of peel ‘n’ seal sound deadening under carpet.
-still has my stupid under-dash neons installed from 2001. I’ll yank em free of charge
Maintenance History:
-waterpump repl at 120k miles
-motor mounts repl at 150k miles
-within the past 5k miles:
p/s pump ($60)
p/s box (cardone, $300)
all tie rod ends (new MOOG parts…over $200)
steering stab, trackbar (see above) ($200, $80)
front lca’s ($50)
rotated tires, alignment
headlight housings ($40 ea)
-have reciepts for pump and box, both have lifetime warranty from advancedautoparts
-have used mobil 1 synth and k&n filters every 5k miles since purchased at 93k. all fluids maintanied and replaced as required/called out.
-have replaced leaky a/t cooler line. Have other line that came with replacement line, will include
-replaced tranny output and tcase input seals
-fuel pump repl at 150k with boneyard unit with 90k on it

The bad: A/C not functional above 2500rpm. Perfect/ice cold(ie..35-40*) below ~2500rpm (traffic lights, farting around town..etc). I believe there is a clog in the system causing it to trip the highpressure cutoff switch at higher rpm. Have brought it to a shop, they couldn’t figure it out.

The paint shows trail use. This jeep has been to uwharrie, and has a few scars to prove it. Dent in the driver’s rear qrtr panel(rock)…approx the size of a softball. Dent in frt rt corner of bullbar (tree)…approx size of a golfball. Scrape on bullbar from where a buddy backed into my jeep at 5mph in a driveway. Tree rash. Hood has 3 small dents only visible when viewing reflections in hood. A hoodlum put dents in the frt driver’s qrtr panel (pulled out, still stightly scuffed) and driver’s door. Drivers’ door has some interesting scratches from what looks like a sharp bracelet+arm out the window (previous owner…). Other nicks and dents(4 or so) that come with a teenage/college student owned daily driver with 180k miles. Overall “fair” paint condition, only due to the dents/trail pinstriping. The rest of the paint is actually pretty impressive for a chrysler paint job. No clearcoat flaking or haziness.

Headliner is nasty, and glued with 3m spray adhesive in 3 spots. Could use a complete replacement (not fun)

Pass leather front seat torn in the middle. Seam only. Can be sewn shut by a skillful hand… driver’s lumbar does not work. All other powerseat functions do work though. Interior in general is excellent in condition. No cracks except for driver's doorpanel armrest (already mentioned).

My comments:
My family bought this car at 93k miles in late 1999. I was a sophomore in highschool, and have driven it since then. I’m not going to lie and say it hasn’t been driven hard, but it has been extremely well taken care of. I know my way around anything with wheels, and have done every bit of maintenance and modding/fab work on my ZJ myself. This jeep hasn't left me stranded once in 80,000 miles, only once has it not started, and that was the fuel pump-but it did eventually fire up and limp home(well known problem from chrysler with 96 zjs..replaced, see above). It has been with me through everything, including 3 years of driving back and forth from camden, sc to school in ATL, never once with a problem. It is a highly capable offroading zj, only some adj control arms, longer shocks, and quick discos away from being on par with anything rolling on 31s. It got me through much of uwharrie with no strap. The engine is strong, the tranny is good. Sometimes has the 2-3 “flutter” shift, but not lately. Starts quickly. Idles fine and steady. Absolutely no smoke, burns ZERO oil. Tight steering with all new components. Steering wheel is nice leather in good condition. Cruise control works. Brakes well, ABS works. All gauges work, climate control and fan fully functional (see a/c issue above). Seatbelts mint, carpet slightly faded. No cracks in windshield, never been replaced (since we've owned it). Is missing piece of trim that covers 3rd brake light. It was brittle from sunlight and broke when i was replacing taillight bulbs. The stereo is amazing audiophile quality; crisp, clear, loud, and worth 1k alone. If you buy it, I'll change the oil with new mobil 1 and a k&n filter for you.

The nitty gritty: KBB claims $4,055 for a “fair” condition 180k mile zj. Factor in the fickle A/C, couple of dents, and add the $dontevenwanttothinkaboutit in mods and $1k in preventative maintenance/repairs in the last 5k miles, I think that my asking price is reasonable.

I want $3500. Located in Camden, SC. Can meet in GA/NC/TN/FL area for a small fee. Will meet anywhere in SC for cost of gas for me and my ride home. Will meet in camden/charlotte/columbia triangle for free. Will pick you up from CLT or Columbia airport if needed. Do not hesistate to drive this Jeep home across the country. Cash. Will dicuss other options, but am wary to do anything else. Paypal’s percentage cut is too high, unless you want to up your offer by 2.2%, then I’m in for paypal.

$4500 with:
-spare, good (drove it before pulling it, shifts firm), 42re tranny (90k miles)+tq conv,
-spare working a/c compressor (90k miles)
-the following: brand-new-still-in-the-ups box superior 4.56s, full install kits with timken bearings. New c-clips, d35 wheel bearings. this will make it a well mannered interestate vehicle (no more downshifting on hills)
-also included: your choice of odds and ends zj parts in my backyard, such as window switches, wiring harnesses, spare gas tank, abs pump, old trackbars?

I’m trying to be as honest as I can with this. Its old, sqeaks, rattles, downshifts going uphill on the interestate(won't with the 4.56s), its loud (not to me). Basically rides and drives like any lifted vehicle with 180k miles. It has, however had almost all wearable components and problematic components replaced recently. Its tall, has a commanding view of the road, and very stable in poor weather. The armor makes it perfect for a teenager/beginning driver or someone who drives in a heavily-deer–populated-area (me). Its been my baby for 5 years, and its time for it to find a new home with an old (or hopefully new to the game) jeep enthusiast. Call me at (803) 420-0546 cell, (803) 475-8831(not after 11pm), or email me at with any questions. I’m very willing to talk about it and see what you’re up for. I have the title, original window sticker, owners manual, tons of receipts (not all of them, 99% of my mods were purchased from kolak).

As a long shot, I will trade+cash for a 1998 or 1999 bmw m3 coupe low miles manual trans.

buy it. you won't regret it. i've been on JU and NAGCA since '00, and here since it started...or if you want to check out my ebay feedback, my seller name is paukeith.

Paul

paulkeith
07-16-2005, 12:05 PM
ok,

i will post up some recent pictures monday morning.

btt, and prices lowered...

$3500/$4500. see above

do not be fooled by the mods. This jeep is solid and ready to go. I wouldn't hesistate to get in it and drive across the country tomorrow. It has a nice ride (for a lifted suv), its capable, and a definite head-turner. Noone ever believes me that it has 175k miles, and I always get compliments on it..esp from the ladies... I love driving it, but its time to move on. If you've got any questions or anything keeping you from being interested, do not hesitate to contact me via the above #s and email addy.

let me know, still nego

Paul

Cue-Ball
07-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Any interest in selling JUST the spare tranny??

TrojanMan
07-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Any interest in selling JUST the spare tranny??

I'll take the flex plate if he lets you lol

paulkeith
07-20-2005, 08:49 AM
49 pictures!

good news. the a/c works. I have driven about 400 miles in the past 3 days, and it has worked 100% , even at 75mph.

so... i want $4000 for the jeep with the spare tranny and a/c compressor, $4500 for the that plus the gears.

i will let the pictures speak for themselves. this jeep is in pretty decent condition for its age. you will see the odometer reads 170k, but said 175k in my description since the odometer has been off by about 10% for the last 20k miles (tires)

help me out! buy it. remember, i'll pick up from local airports, and drive to meet you in SC for gas money only. price negotiable, as before...

thanks,
Paul

paulkeith
07-25-2005, 12:47 PM
new waterpump and coolant as of sunday morning. autozone lifetime warranty pump. found receipts for many of the parts on the jeep.

171,xxx on the odometer...probably 175ish when you factor in the tires

Paul

paulkeith
08-01-2005, 07:57 AM
sold.