PDA

View Full Version : H4 wiring harness

Ryan
07-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Just got the headlight upgrade from kevin, does any one know which wire goes to which when connected to the stock headlight? which one is hi and which is low on the stock wires?

UNIMOG69
07-11-2005, 09:43 AM
From Kevin's site.

I know...I know...this is lame, but I don't have one written yet. Refer to your Factory Service Manual for replacing the headlamp housings and bulbs and follow the directions with the harness for the rest. If someone wants to take the time to write a good one up, I'll post it here with your name on there for credit. It's really simple...just remove the electrical bulb connectors from under the hood on the back side of the header panel, then grab the headlamp as best you can and pull it forward, popping it out of the three ball and socket joints that it rests on. Put the new H4 bulb in the new glass-lens housing, and pop them back into place.

Now, that being said, the only thing that you REALLY need to do outside of the directions in the FSM is a little splicing, using a wire stripper and crimper and 4 "butt end" connectors. Because the harness is an H4 harness, it "assumes" that you had H4 bulbs and connectors to begin...which in our case...is NOT a safe assumption. Sure, you have H4 bulbs NOW...but you don't have an H4 connector to activate the relays...you have a 9004 plug off your old headlamp bulb to activate it. Basically, you just need to cut off both the 9004 on the Jeep's harness and the H4 connector on the K2 harness where they would normally connect together and splice the wires together. Here is the way to do it: The old 9004 headlamp connector has three wire colors: Black (Ground), Purple/Orange (Low Beam) and Red/Orange (High Beam) wires. The new K2 harness has Black (ground), Red (High Beam), and White (Low Beam). Connect the Black to the Black, the Purple/Orange to the White, and the Red/Orange to the Red and you're good to go. There is no reason that I can think of to have a quick-disconnect connector there...so just use butt connectors and you're good. As a frame of reference, the old CarShow harness (if you have one of these models that you purchased previous to August 2004) is Blue, White, and Orange colored wires. Just connect the Black to the Blue, the Purple/Orange to the White, and the Red/Orange to the Orange.

Thanks, Kevin

Cue-Ball
07-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Ryan,

Let us know how you like the upgrade once it is installed, I am very interested in getting this myself.

Dirk

Ryan
07-11-2005, 12:06 PM
wow, i read the first line on kevins site and closed it....should have kept reading..haha, anyways, ill post pics after i get it done today.

Cue-Ball
07-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Sounds good. Then drive it around tonight and let us know if it's worth the $300 or not.

Nordic1
07-14-2005, 03:15 AM
Just got the headlight upgrade from kevin, does any one know which wire goes to which when connected to the stock headlight? which one is hi and which is low on the stock wires?

Do you have some LEDs hangin around? a multimeter? TEsting headlights is easy.. after all its only 3 wires

Ryan
07-17-2005, 08:48 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p97e04da460300de2ae3e6b4a38a57ce1/f33830dc.jpg.orig.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p4a5711586d1f6b45fd9fc42d7bd5486b/f33830d9.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p46f27d1b348aa4d332bccbc474f29541/f33830d7.jpg

ok, its a shitty pic, ill get some clear ones and night ones as soon as i get more time! big difference though! looks cleaner than those nasty yellow ones, at night its really bright. it light up the sides and its soooo much brighter. ive sanded my plastic ones until they were like new, and they dont even come close! more pics soon, sorry. oh and the wiring was cake. ill take pics of those too.

yardape52
08-29-2005, 08:51 PM
????????????????

Left me curious. Do what you say you're gonna do. Please.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
08-29-2005, 11:58 PM
those are some wacky fenders.