PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks from Mike Moore

MMMBoulder
07-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Sorry I haven't done this before but have been out of the country for the last 16 days.

A huge thanks to everyone that helped get me off Rusty Nail on Saturday. Here we were coming out of the trail (just about where the Golden Spike meets with Gold Bar Rim) having had no issues and the steering box blows up. (NOTE: I am not blaming Kevin and Avery who were riding with us because their steering box went kaput 2 days before on Pritchett). Two broken bolts and an ear broken off and the steering box was tangling. Broke the plastic return line to the reservoir and lost all fluids.

Up comes Cody, Hal, Adam, Krash, Ron, Jeff, Damian and a boat load of others who names I can't remember. (I am old and my brain is full and I can't find everything thats in there). It was decided that a trail fix was not really possible. Cody said, "No problem, I will get my truck and trailer and we will get it out." They left.

Now it is just Kelly (my daughter), Kevin and me in the Jeep waiting to be rescued. Another group goes by and says no way is a trailer getting to here. It start to rain and time goes by-several hours. We have not heard from anyone.

Then, through the rain here comes the calvery. Cody driving and eveyone else stacking rocks to get the trailer to the wounded Jeep. Long story short-we get the Jeep on the trailer-and with a lot more rock stacking get back to the trailhead.

Of course on Monday we find out Kevin's Jeep got the last steering box in Moab, but, no matter, got one from Grand Junction and were home Monday night.

Cody-YOU ARE THE MAN. Not only for this but you are the best spotter I have worked with. Thanks to all of you for the unbelievable effort. The wheeling at GSW is the best-this just proved that the people are even better. What could have been a real downer turned into a great adventure!!!

Kraqa
07-05-2005, 11:57 PM
glad we could have helped. I wasn't ready strand anyone out there.

Jeepin' Wolf
07-06-2005, 12:58 AM
:best:

Cody
07-06-2005, 03:58 AM
I just drove, everyone else did all the work. :supz:

I'm just glad we made it back in time for some eats!!!

Cody

chadjans
07-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Mike way to pad Cody's ego. :finga:

I am just glad we were all to help. The people are what makes this yearly trip great.

:drinkers:

Chad