PDA

View Full Version : My Jeep goes BAM BOOM POP

OverkillZJ
07-01-2005, 06:01 PM
It's rare that I can't track down a noise on my Jeep, but this is one. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger floor pan, and I can feel it through the whole jeep when it happens. It seems to happen when I brake or the suspension loads and unloads. I've checked every nut and bolt, can find nothing. I'm clueless, but considering I'm 2000 miles away from home, I'd like to fix it before making the drive back.

I've looked for fractures or broken welds in the unibody as well (which if you saw what I put it through this year, I have reason). I can't find a damn thing.

I'm going out to check the ball joints now, but I highly doubt that's it. Any suggestions?

Kraqa
07-01-2005, 07:01 PM
ya i felt it a few times when we were driving. at first i thought it was your rear detroit unloading but no that i think abotu it. i have no clue.

LouisianaZJ
07-01-2005, 07:30 PM
sounds like a toasted LCA/UCA joint or a broken shock bushing/mount

Kraqa
07-01-2005, 10:30 PM
i dont' know man. its definatly not a shock.

if it was a UCA/LCA then it woudl be the weirdest thing. because were driving for 3 hours then all of a sudden around a slight corner....BAM!

then the other time halfway up dump bump a little wheel spin and the front tires to the left and BAM!

OverkillZJ
07-01-2005, 10:55 PM
i dont' know man. its definatly not a shock.

if it was a UCA/LCA then it woudl be the weirdest thing. because were driving for 3 hours then all of a sudden around a slight corner....BAM!

then the other time halfway up dump bump a little wheel spin and the front tires to the left and BAM!

Fixed. Tightened every damn bolt on the Jeep, was a rear LCA slightly loose. Beat it up on some dirt roads and it's definately not popping any more, appearently john joints can make some HORENDOUS noises when slightly loose.

Still don't have any brakes or steering, but it'll do!

LouisianaZJ
07-01-2005, 11:01 PM
you can paypal me $0.25 for my excellent advice

JpRngr
07-02-2005, 12:46 AM
Here I thought it was probably Pam throwing things at it! :butthead: