PDA

View Full Version : D35c diff

deadman
06-29-2005, 06:59 AM
What years came with a limited slip (traclok, whatever it is called)?

I always thought 93-95 are open diffs, and that the limited slip came at the same time as the newer 249 when the facelift came.

Now I've seen a 95 with a limited slip... was it an option before 96, and standard since 96?

robselina
06-29-2005, 11:30 AM
if you get the 'offroad' package in the 93-95 you get the tracloc LSD.

AprilzWarrior
06-29-2005, 06:48 PM

Some called it a Tow Package... never heard "offroad" package... but I think it came with the Up Country too...

I had a 35C with a LS.

AW

OverkillZJ
06-29-2005, 08:01 PM

Some called it a Tow Package... never heard "offroad" package... but I think it came with the Up Country too...

I had a 35C with a LS.

AW

I think "up country" and "offroad package" are one in the same?

Swamp boy
06-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Yup.. I had the Up country package and had it in mine.. It didnt last that long.. :smt003

Kraqa
06-29-2005, 08:59 PM
the off road pkg that was offered on my 94 was up country springs front hooks rear single hook and all the skids and a trac-lock rear

the tow pkg had skids, tow hitch, tranny cooler, Trac-lock rear. no up country.

deadman
06-30-2005, 04:39 PM
So... why did I get the tow-package, but no traclock+skids? :mrgreen:
Oh, and that 95 with traclock... definitely no upcountry.

Both are ZJs btw... not ZGs.

I guess there is no rule to go by, you just have to look at the tag on the diff (which of course is always missing). :weedman:

But the traclock was standard 96-98, right?

Kraqa
06-30-2005, 05:31 PM
keep in mind this is DC were talkign about there is no standard. its what ever we felt liek outting in youget. it feels liek half you truck is built on a friday and the other half on monday

gsh
07-01-2005, 12:37 AM
What was in each package varied from year to year. My '93 had the tow package. Open diffs. Also has the skid plate group, but not upcountry package, no front hooks.

Yeah DC, and Chrysler Corp before that just put whatever they had available in to get them out the door. AMC was the same way. DC just keeping up the tradition.

JeepinHank
07-01-2005, 09:06 AM
keep in mind this is DC were talkign about there is no standard. its what ever we felt liek outting in youget. it feels liek half you truck is built on a friday and the other half on monday

My buddies joke that my ZJ must have been built on a friday, and all the guys on the line must have gotten laid the night before. Ok maybe everyone except that fucker that installed the T-case - or maybe he was just hung over. :smt003

Glad my shit wasn't built on a Monday... :partyman: