PDA

View Full Version : stupid newbie question about a WJ....

pedro
06-27-2005, 02:33 PM
will 265/75/16 fit on a wj with a 2 inch spacer lift? do i need to do anything to the shocks? where do i need to get a t-case skid plate from? that kevin's jeep site has pretty good prices, but it doesn't tell you what is in the lifts exactly, and has no pictures of what you are getting. thanks for the help--

zjjeeper33
06-27-2005, 03:09 PM
i give this .5 secs before someone flames it or it gets moved to the noob section. :axe: :finga:

pedro
06-27-2005, 03:13 PM
shit, didn't even think about putting it there! moving it there would be great, as the title said, very newbie.

plus there is some seriously hardcore tech in here about tranny cooler lines and pacesetter header, i wouldnt want to clog it up with this. :flipoff2:

JeepinHank
06-27-2005, 05:05 PM
shit, didn't even think about putting it there! moving it there would be great, as the title said, very newbie.

plus there is some seriously hardcore tech in here about tranny cooler lines and pacesetter header, i wouldnt want to clog it up with this. :flipoff2:

LOL - It can get a little testy here sometimes.

About your question. With the 265's, based on what I've seen, you can get away with running them with a little bit of trimming on the bottom lip of the front bumper, and maybe a little bit of the plastic cladding on the front of the rear wheel wells. If you're just going for a more aggressive look on your DD, that should do it. If you plan on really wheeling it, you'll probably need to remove your plastic fender liners up front.

This is just from observation from what others have said - I drive a ZJ. :mrgreen:

HTH

Hank

bburgi
06-27-2005, 05:22 PM
yeah, the shocks won't affect your tire size fitment- I currently run a 245/75/16 and they stuff really tight at flex.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/bburgi/small_IMG_3338.jpg

The two questions you need to answer are:
1. Are you actually going to wheel the thing? If not, you'll be fine with the 265's
2. Do you mind trimming a little? If you plan on wheeling with that size and only a BB, you'll need to trim like Hank said.

pedro
06-27-2005, 08:27 PM
perfect answers, thanks guys. i am really just going for looks, it is the dd, and it will see some very mild trails. i have my toy, this is just because i need tires and i want bigger ones.

thanks for the answers, i will order up the spacer kit, do a little trimming and slap the tires on there..... :smt003

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
06-28-2005, 01:22 AM
perfect answers, thanks guys. i am really just going for looks, it is the dd, and it will see some very mild trails. i have my toy, this is just because i need tires and i want bigger ones.

thanks for the answers, i will order up the spacer kit, do a little trimming and slap the tires on there..... :smt003

then bring that sucka on over to Gboro and we'll head down to Uwharrie. :rock:

JeepinHank
06-28-2005, 10:03 AM

Hell I want to check out that YJ! :supz:

pedro
06-28-2005, 10:53 AM

Hell I want to check out that YJ! :supz:

you can buy that YJ :supz: here is the link with a few pics to my for sale ad on pirate... http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338969&highlight=built+1990