PDA

View Full Version : Bill Burke Rant (and rightfully so)

Z
06-16-2005, 02:06 PM
http://canyoncountryzephyr.com/june-july2005/self.htm

The rest of this site is interesting but will piss you off if you can't do a little self-scrutiny.

Interestingly (and hearteningly - if that's a word) - having just come from Moab, I found the trails to be in very good condition. There were a few extra tire marks here and there where :smt067 assholes tread. And I found the occasional piece of trash (probably left by accident - there wasn't much at all), but in general, 1.5 months after EJS, the trails that I ran were the same (actually, they might have been a little more difficult due to use).

There ARE a lot of assholes out there, but the lack of trash tells me there are a lot MORE anti-assholes out there picking up after the scum. (Of course, you can't pick tire tread marks up off of the cryptobiotic soil, so not everyhing the sand-for-brains do can be undone.)

BigDaveZJ
06-16-2005, 02:09 PM
There was very little trash out there on the trails last weekend. I gave my whole Tread Lightly speach to the group on Spider and we barely saw any trash to pick up. There were a lot of off trail marks from every kind of vehicle though, and that's what really pisses me off. I can pick up someone's trash, but I can't repair the soil and plantlife that someone destroyed.