PDA

View Full Version : Next year wife/girlfriend trail ride?

rrubio
06-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Kim asked me if she could drive a trail next year.So im thinking maybe we should have a trail for wife/girlfriends only run?Just a thought for next years trails.Nothing to difficult.
Ramon

Cue-Ball
06-16-2005, 10:34 AM
I think that's a great idea. My wife is not into all this Jeep crap (as she call's it) but it would be a good idea for those women that are.

BigDaveZJ
06-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Pam and I had been talking about something similar too and I think it's a great idea.

Texas ZJ1
06-16-2005, 11:11 AM
So you want Krash to wear a wig and go wheelin?

Hunter

PassRunnerZJ
06-16-2005, 11:22 AM
I third or forth the idea. I was hoping to put Laura behind the wheel on Fins and Things this year, but will all the vehicles, many wanting the get the run done quickly, and the late start on the last day it wasn't working out to be a low stress run for her to learn slickrock on.

I'm going to be spending more time in Moab this year with family and friends on the trails so I will keep my eyes open for a good moderate trail with a fair amount of slickrock for them to work on.

Bustin' Loose
06-16-2005, 12:38 PM
I'd even be willing to lead the trail (with a co-pilot since I probably won't know the trail well enough). Maybe make the rest of the gals feel a little more at ease and not under pressure so much from the guys. Pick a nice fairly easy, scenic trail that everyone would feel comfortable with. If we get enough interest could make for a fun day.

BigDaveZJ
06-16-2005, 12:49 PM
I'd even be willing to lead the trail (with a co-pilot since I probably won't know the trail well enough). Maybe make the rest of the gals feel a little more at ease and not under pressure so much from the guys. Pick a nice fairly easy, scenic trail that everyone would feel comfortable with. If we get enough interest could make for a fun day.

Spider?? I could leave my rig in town and ride gun with you again and make sure we don't get lost!

Cody
06-16-2005, 02:20 PM
why not just let the girls drive on a normal trail? there is no reason they can't drive every bit of the trails that the guys drive. It's not like some of the guys at the event have much seat time--if any.

but an all girls run would be cool. I'll find some hatchet wound to bring along

Cody

rrubio
06-16-2005, 04:31 PM
So you want Krash to wear a wig and go wheelin?

Hunter
I did not want to presume anything but some guys do have an alternate lifestyles :mrgreen: .But there would have to be a requirment on what Girl is.
I plan on giving a Kim a few lesson here in Arizona before next years run,so she will have some experience.

PassRunnerZJ
06-16-2005, 04:40 PM
why not just let the girls drive on a normal trail? there is no reason they can't drive every bit of the trails that the guys drive. It's not like some of the guys at the event have much seat time--if any.

I agree that it would be a normal trail, but without the intimidating stuff that people read about, Rockpile, Rocker Knocker, Frenchy's Fin... PSM is one that comes to mind that wouldn't freak her out too much, maybe Gemini Bridges or Kane Creek. Even though she has done shelf roads and fairly steep climbs and decents in the San Juan's she still has concerns with steep down hills/steps, such as the ones on Steel Bender. Top of the World has some good skill building sections that the less experianced ladies could learn on without a steep penalty if there is a misstep, misbrake, or misskinny peddle.

but an all girls run would be cool. I'll find some hatchet wound to bring along

Cody

Better have her in a good mood if she is driving your rig though...

The scenic aspect is good too as we--guys--the passengers can look at more of it since we won't be driving.

BigDaveZJ
06-16-2005, 04:44 PM
The scenic aspect is good too as we--guys--the passengers can look at more of it since we won't be driving.

You talkin about the wimmens or nature?? :supz:

Cody
06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
da wimmins!!!

http://www.fototime.com/54EBC6DBDC79639/standard.jpg

Cody

Bustin' Loose
06-16-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm all for PSM. Hell, I'm all for any trail you stick me on but then I'm not the norm thus the reason I suggested something a little easier and scenic. I don't want to freak anyone out and make some chicks first trail their last. I'd like to get more women interested in running trails like I am not scare them away.

And if Dave parks his rig and we take mine and have a bunch of chicks run the trail with their men riding shot gun, I think we all would have one hell of a time. Get the gals out and teach them to spot and drive.

All in all, sounds like a good idea to me. We just need the interest from the women and not just the men interested in seeing their women wheel.

And if we have the interest from the women, why do I get the feeling this will be a very popular trail next year????

Krash80
06-26-2005, 12:38 AM
damn, i sure as shit wouldn't let my ex in on that if she were to come with me. The one time i let her drive a jeep of mine it was the MexJay and she managed to wedge a large tree between the inside of the driver's side wheel and the engine compartment...with the entire fenderwell squished between.

If I bring a girl w/ me next year, I'm gonna have to bring a 40' gooseneck with 2 ZJ's on back...the trashcan and one of my beaters....cause i don't think you could pay a girl enough to convince her that the trashcan is safe to drive! :weedman:

hunter: bite me! :finga:

-Ron-

Krash80
06-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Also-

Matt could still come alone...I'm pretty sure he's a dude, but he whines and cries like a girl....so much so that i think he qualifies as both a dude and a chick.

"my jeep is bent....my doors don't fit." :smt088

:snakeman:

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
06-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Also-

Matt could still come alone...I'm pretty sure he's a dude, but he whines and cries like a girl....so much so that i think he qualifies as both a dude and a chick.

"my jeep is bent....my doors don't fit." :smt088

:snakeman:

even more so when he's hammered. "waaahh I can't run the Con now" :mrgreen:

OverkillZJ
06-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Ron-

I have video of you crying like a girl on the "no left turn" obsticle. Shut the fuck up.