PDA

View Full Version : busted ass bolt

norton
06-11-2005, 02:42 PM
so when me and my brother were doing his brakes last night, i busted off the caliper bolt(stupid ass cheapo torque wrench, very hard to tell what measurment its at, i set it to 33 instead of 23... ya start laughing :finga: ) its in 2 pieces. the half that is broke and stuck in the caliper is only sticking out about 2/32's of an inch.

im sure you guys have done something like this before. any tips on how to get the PITA out with basic hand tools, and some power tools?

hes racing in SCCA solo II tommorow morning at 8 (18hours from now) so our dumbass need to get this fixed. im headed back out to the garage now to beat on it :axe:

Nordic1
06-11-2005, 02:45 PM
"super out" "drill out" those sorta things... you can get them at like any hardware store. WORSE case senario... drill it out and tap it

norton
06-11-2005, 03:14 PM
hey thanks for the help, i just got it out. all i had to do was get creative with the drill. i drilled two small wholes in the infected bolt, stuck the needle nose pliers in em and TWIST.

for the record this is not the first time i had to get creative on stuck parts on my bros stupid ricer (ok its actually not that stupid, its got alot of cool parts that make it turn about 100x better and faster than my ZJ) one time i sawwed one of his old shocks in half to be able to get a stripped nut off, long story.

[/thread]