PDA

View Full Version : generic coolant overflow bottle?

ATL ZJ
06-10-2005, 02:41 PM
For my York setup, I'm moving my battery to the location of the coolant overflow reservoir, and planning to stick a smaller coolant overflow bottle where the airbox used to be. Anybody know who sells them?

Nordic1
06-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Hit up NorCal JR.... he did the same thing when he did his york... he should be able to get you part numbers and stuff

Jim311
06-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Zeppherhills.

:mrgreen:

Ken L
06-10-2005, 06:14 PM
They have some at Summit. I just put my stock overflow where the airbox used to be. Can't that work for you?

ATL ZJ
06-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Jim- Hahaha. Pimping your local Florida water are you?

Ken- Yes, I was planning on sticking it under the filter on my homebrew intake, so it needs to be pretty low-profile. I guess I can just try it and see if it'll fit, at very least temporarily.

Ken L
06-10-2005, 07:00 PM
I had to put a 1" spacer at the top screw hole to space it away from the fender so that the bottom feet sat square. I have pictures, but gotta find a host so I can link to them.

ATL ZJ
06-10-2005, 07:56 PM
I had to put a 1" spacer at the top screw hole to space it away from the fender so that the bottom feet sat square. I have pictures, but gotta find a host so I can link to them.

Great, those pictures would really help me out... I'm estimating this will be a 15 hr project, minimum, so anything that can save me time I really appreciate. You might try www.putfile.com for hosting. www.photobucket.com works well also.

AprilzWarrior
06-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Summit Racing...

Ive used several of them for different OBA setups Ive built.

AW

Jim311
06-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Why exactly do they make the coolant overflow bottle so large anyway?

ptownTSI
06-11-2005, 04:48 AM
helps it to be a bit more retard proof. dont ahve to top it off as much if you have a leak.

I think its big and ugly and looks like shit. I will probably gut my stupid VIC, so i wont have to listen to the thing beep at me w/out the coolant level sensor connected. Although i'm sure there would be some trick way to connect it up and fab it into a summit/moroso return style overflow container.

Ken L
06-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Let's see if this works.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/Ken_L/relocatedoverflow1.jpg

I don't have the spacer in this picture, but you can see where it's needed on the top.

Hope this helps.

ATL ZJ
06-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Thanks Ken. I actually found a replacement reservoir at Advance Auto, that's very compact and PERFECT for what I needed. $7 and some change. Since mine's a 94, my stock overflow bottle was a different shape, and way to big for the space I had, since I have a larger conical air filter. I'll try and get some pics up soon. I've moved the battery also, among other things, and there's a lot of room up on the passenger front side.