PDA

View Full Version : fuel cutoff switch?

2drezq
06-10-2005, 09:09 AM
OK, I assume that there is a switch somewhere that stops the fuel pump in the event of an accident. My question is where is this device, and how is it reset if it ever trips?

ATL ZJ
06-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Not sure there is one... If there is, I just wasted some time wiring in a fuel pump kill switch as an antitheft device.

I assume your Jeep is not getting pressure at the fuel rail and not starting? Try the knocking on the tank trick if that's why you're asking. Or if you're trying to figure out some form of kill switch, just follow the wires coming out of the tank that enter the cabin through a 1" or so grommet under the driver side rear seat.. under the carpet of course. Strip off the outer taping and cut the black wire. It's a slightly larger gauge wire than the 4 or 5 others it is bundled with. Just wire a toggle switch in and you're set. Just did it yesterday and it works like a charm. :mrgreen:

2drezq
06-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the wiring help, it will save me some time. I'm not actually broken down. I'm wiring in a new switch panel, and I wanted to put a cutoff reset in while I'm at it.