PDA

View Full Version : axle seals anybody use these?

phi564
06-10-2005, 08:41 AM
after swaping out an axle shaft this week, i saw that there was a lot of dirt in my axle tube, i was just wondering if anybody runs these http://www.4x4rockshop.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=10184 or anyhthing else similar. if not, what do you do to keep dirt and water out of your axle?

have a good one,
chris

Nordic1
06-10-2005, 02:27 PM
IMO a waste... you're going to get junk in your axles but as long as your axle seals hold then its really nothing to worry about it

Swamp boy
06-10-2005, 07:59 PM
I use them and I like them.. But mine are from Drive train direct.. I do alot of Mud and deep water (Sandy river crossings and such..) and They keep all the dirt out of my axle tubes..

I had so much in my axle last time I took them apart that it was solid sand and mudd and river silt or what have you except where the axle went thru..It was pretty bad...

Anyway.. THis will keep everything out of your axle... :smt003

Jim311
06-10-2005, 09:09 PM
You can go the redneck method and just grease the axle shaft, and then squirt in some expanding foam...

phi564
06-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I use them and I like them.. But mine are from Drive train direct.. I do alot of Mud and deep water (Sandy river crossings and such..) and They keep all the dirt out of my axle tubes..

I had so much in my axle last time I took them apart that it was solid sand and mudd and river silt or what have you except where the axle went thru..It was pretty bad...

thanks swamp, with the mud and watercrossings that seem to be what make up wheel'n in the south east, i thought these would be a good idea. i dont think i'll go with the redneck idea at this time, good idea though jim.

LouisianaZJ
06-10-2005, 09:29 PM
im gonna try them out when my front axle gets regeared.

Jim311
06-10-2005, 10:31 PM

thanks swamp, with the mud and watercrossings that seem to be what make up wheel'n in the south east, i thought these would be a good idea. i dont think i'll go with the redneck idea at this time, good idea though jim.

The price is right :D