PDA

View Full Version : best place to pick up bushings

blackjak71
06-08-2005, 06:37 PM
lookin to replace the bushings in all of my lower control arms and most likely knock out the uppers while i'm at it. I was told the RE rubber ones are pretty much the same as stock ones, but I dont want to have to pay the RE price of 100 bucks for 8. Anyone have an recommendations of a place to pick some new ones up?

bill~ns
06-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Was looking at a set of RE upper bushings... they had "Clevite" and a number marked in the rubber. I doubt it's a part number, but I could get it if anyone is interested.

Bill

bill~ns
06-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Ok... the rubber number was 61332. That number actually cross references to this document... http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PDFs/Moog_rubber_bushing_cross_reference.pdf

There you can get the part numbers. This is just the upper bushing. Anyone have the size of the lower bushings?

Bill

ATL ZJ
06-10-2005, 02:29 PM
I have gotten a lot of bushings from Daystar, though Kevin. 8 for $40 or so, which is considerably better I think. These were greasable 3" long poly with sleeves to fit inside .120 wall HREW tubing. You might try giving him a call.

Cam

nate
06-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Napa. The big ones are $7, the small ones $5. They are just stock bushings in those arms. Big ones are the ones for the arms, littles ones are the ones for the mounts.

blackjak71
06-12-2005, 10:47 PM
yeah i think ill just try the napa rubber ones, cause as of right now im mostly driving it on the road so i dont think that im going to go with poly, so yeah thanks