PDA

View Full Version : Top of the World Trail

PassRunnerZJ
06-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Is the Rose Garden Hill going to be included in this run and the Onion Creek narrows? :smt003

Cody
06-06-2005, 11:40 AM
I thought onion creek was off limites now--or permit only. I could be mistaken though...

Cody

PassRunnerZJ
06-06-2005, 04:24 PM
It could be. I'm just I-wheeling and reading trail reports that could be too old. Although the site I was just looking at seemed to be from RR4-Wheelers information. http://www.moabutah.com/Resources/JeepingTop.php But that doesn't make it gospel since the site's authors could have grabbed old information and failed to verify. Too bad if it is since it looks like a cool scenic drive from some of the other site's pictures I saw.

Links to other trails: http://www.moabutah.com/Resources/Jeeping.php Their site seems to be both eco and 4x4 friendly, as long as we Stay On The Trail and pack out or trash.

Cody
06-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Yeah, the RR4W and the newly organized Moab Friends for 4 wheeling are both great organizations that do a ton of work to keep the trails open down there. I can double check on the onion creek thing, but I swear I remember being part of a conversation with the Utah 4 Wheel Drive assocation regarding how they were upset about the onion creek situation and how it was a very unique area (apparenlty their is some natural phenomenon that makes the creek actually smell like onions--a natural spring or something in the local plant life.....). I don't remember if it was closed , or just under fire, but there is something going on in the area.

leaving in 50 hours!

Cody

Z
06-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Cody,

Please do check on this. I WAS planning to offer Onion Creek after Top of the World if time permitted. (Assuming, of course I don't get lost, since I've only gone the trail once!!!)

Tom Z.

Cody
06-07-2005, 12:49 AM
i'm on it

Z
06-07-2005, 07:43 PM
According to the BLM, the Onion Creek ROAD is open. You can't drive IN the creek itself (unless the ROAD crosses the creek). I've never done the trail - did the trial use to be through the creek? If not, then Onion Creek would be an optional trail, time permitting, after Top of the World.