PDA

View Full Version : Starter kill security system

ATL ZJ
06-05-2005, 04:56 PM
How? I've heard a lot of talk and even been offered copies of setups that some of you or planning, but to my knowledge, nothing has materialized yet.. I want to run my tube doors, but I don't want my Jeep stolen. How are you planning on doing it? I've realized that simply making a switch to bypass the stock door alarm switch pin is dumb, since the vehicle will start with even when the alarm is armed. I'm assuming that this means the stock alarm will only kill the starter when it has been set off by a door/ hatch/ hood being opened. That switch would merely allow me to open the tube doors with the alarm on, without recognition that the door had been opened, so it's pointless in my case. Can anybody help me out?

BigDaveZJ
06-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Use a hidden or magnetic switch to kill the starter or fuel pump. Uber easy.

Jim311
06-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Aftermarket alarm system?

Swamp boy
06-05-2005, 06:11 PM
If you have a fuel pump shut off switch that should do.. But one of those battery switches from Jegs or summit will work as well.. The average car thief will not look for something like that...

TrojanMan
06-05-2005, 10:08 PM
My production kind of got cut short due to the fact that my jeep isn't running and I can't test it. Its basically a timer circuit using a 555 timer hooked up to a relay on the power going to the fuel pump.

ATL ZJ
06-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks everyone... I'll probably wire in a starter kill switch or fuel pump cutoff switch sometime this week.

In my searching though, I came across this, which is quite possibly the coolest anti-theft device: http://www.tsmmfg.com/Brakelock_System.htm

It's a valve that locks pressure to brakes at all 4 corners. Even if you can start the vehicle, good luck moving it. :mrgreen:

Nordic1
06-06-2005, 12:14 AM
neat

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
06-06-2005, 02:33 AM
wire a switch into your fuel pump relay and hide it.

$5 and 5 minutes later your jeep is unstealable if you did a decent job.

TrojanMan
06-06-2005, 02:34 AM
wire a switch into your fuel pump relay and hide it.

$5 and 5 minutes later your jeep is unstealable if you did a decent job.

You can actually get a good switch for less than a dollar. There are quite a few places you could put that switch to keep your jeep from starting.

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
06-06-2005, 02:51 AM
a switch, wire, connectors, etc, will cost around $5

TrojanMan
06-06-2005, 03:53 PM
a switch, wire, connectors, etc, will cost around $5

Not if you're a nerd like me and you already have tons of switches to choose from, thousands of feet of wire, and even more connectors.