PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust issues

Cue-Ball
05-31-2005, 06:26 PM
While installing the Clayton sub frame this weekend we had to cut out the muffler. I just went to the local muffler shop and they gave me a hell of a hard time and basically said they can not do the work until the entire lift is in and done. They say they can not by law move the cat forward, and even if they did it would through all the readings off in the computer.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen?

nathaniel
05-31-2005, 07:03 PM
Use your muffler to beat him over the head till he welds it up or find a real exhaust place.

KevinM
05-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah, what he said. Basically find a new muffler shop, sounds like that guy is a douche bag. You could do it yourself too if you have a mig welder.

dasVettemeister
05-31-2005, 07:37 PM
Yup, that muffler shop is worthless, and the guy is a fucking nitwit. If anything, the cat becomes more effective if moved upstream. Goddamn twats.

Cue-Ball
05-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Yea that is pretty much what I thought, just wanted to get your guys take on it.

norcaljr
06-01-2005, 02:06 AM
Dirk,

You should wait till you get the rear done, so you can see just how much clearance you " dont " have :smt003

What that shop told you was BS, they just didnt want to do it.

I had a shop in Hayward push the cat forward about 6'' and got a really short magnaflow muffler.

MaineZJ
06-01-2005, 08:19 AM
they didn't want to install the exhaust because they probably figured you'd come back to change it when the suspension is done.

why would moving the cat have an effect on the ECM? long as the O2 sensor is still upstream, shouldn't change anything

Cue-Ball
06-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Update.

I had a place in Dublin in the same parking lot as AW's work is do it on Sat. He was GREAT. We moved the cat forward and fit a Flowmaster 40 in right behind it, kept everything nice and tight and then a small turndown. Everything is forward of the rear control arm mounts so I am good to go.

The bonus was finding out my Cat is one of the Car Sounds high flow units, so now the only thing I need for the exhaust is to hook it up with a header.

screendoor41
06-07-2005, 12:19 AM
Update.

I had a place in Dublin in the same parking lot as AW's work is do it on Sat. He was GREAT.

Was this place called "Try Valley muffler"? They do great work there. I like to have him do all my exhaust work.

AprilzWarrior
06-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Update.

I had a place in Dublin in the same parking lot as AW's work is do it on Sat. He was GREAT.

Was this place called "Try Valley muffler"? They do great work there. I like to have him do all my exhaust work.

No its Minute Muffler... Scott is the name !! He knows his muffs...

Hes got thongs that say so... ask the girls to show ya !

Cue-Ball
06-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Update.

No its Minute Muffler... Scott is the name !! He knows his muffs...

Hes got thongs that say so... ask the girls to show ya !

That's funny