PDA

View Full Version : google ads

BigDaveZJ
05-31-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm going to start some of the AdSense google ads here on the site to help bring in some more $$$. I'm going to make them as unobtrusive as possible, but they will be there. Obviously, the more of 'em you guys click the better they work (read: money for the site) but I know how much I dislike ads, so they'll be out of the way as best as I can. It'll take some tinkering to get it the way I want, so if some weird stuff is happening, don't worry!

Kraqa
05-31-2005, 03:29 PM
my local board does that.

i suggested that before. good way to make the site some money.

LouisianaZJ
05-31-2005, 04:26 PM
i dont care, i have kick ass software that blocks banner ads within pages and other stoopid chit

but if you have to put them in, put them at the BOTTOM of the page

BigDaveZJ
05-31-2005, 05:01 PM
They'll probably end up being at the bottom since that'll be the easiest way for me to put them in probably, LOL!

Nordic1
05-31-2005, 11:08 PM
If they pop-up and/or make any noise, I will kill you

BigDaveZJ
06-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Finally got the ones on the main page working, now I just need to figure out how the fawk to get them in the forum pages!

OverkillZJ
06-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Finally got the ones on the main page working, now I just need to figure out how the fawk to get them in the forum pages!

What you need to do is wait for me to get back from the big trip next month so you don't break the board trying :weedman:

BigDaveZJ
06-06-2005, 12:44 PM

What you need to do is wait for me to get back from the big trip next month so you don't break the board trying :weedman:

Or you can just do it Wednesday night to cover your room and board!! :finga: I'm reading up on it at the phpbb site and it doesn't seem too hard.

BigDaveZJ
06-06-2005, 03:09 PM
So it turns out I don't need Matt's supreme geekness!! I somehow figured out to do that on my own. I kick ass.

I'm decently happy with where they're at, MIGHT fine tune them a little bit, but in researching it a little bit the way I did it seems to be the simplest and complies with Google's TOS the best since the ads can't be on any non-content pages.

LouisianaZJ
06-06-2005, 03:37 PM
sweet, and i just setup my comp to block them :finga: :finga:

[http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com] is now blocked :butthead:

jiddup
06-06-2005, 05:27 PM
yeah now fix the god damn main page closing html tag. Looks gay lol. :finga: :drinkers:

BigDaveZJ
06-06-2005, 05:41 PM
yeah now fix the god damn main page closing html tag. Looks gay lol. :finga: :drinkers:

Ya happy now?? :finga: