PDA

View Full Version : GSW: Post up with medical/first aid experience.

Halfdoc
05-31-2005, 12:06 AM
I am following in the foot steps of Patrick and gathering information on what type of medical training/experience will be available.

In previous years the planners have tried to make each trail leader and group aware of who in each group has first aid training in case of emergency. I will try to accomplish the same thing, however it will be much more effective for each person with training to specifically introduce themselves to the trail leader at the beginning of the day. Of course, good samaritan rules should apply (I don't know for certain with Utah), so any reasonable effort to help will be appreciated.

I would recommend you bring what emergency equiptment/kit you feel comfortable using on your self or others if needed. No one is required to have a first aid kit, however it is wise for everyone to have one in their basic offroad supplies. Costco sells a decent first aid kit. Other common sense issues: Plenty of water, plenty of sunscreen, decent footware, protective clothing, large brimmed hat, eat your veggies, and PLENTY OF WATER.

So anyway, post here if you want to, with your training.

David.

Halfdoc
05-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Let me start...

Family Medicine Physician. CPR cert.

David.

Bustin' Loose
05-31-2005, 01:43 AM
Red Cross CPR & First Aid Certified for adult and children.

I'll have my first Aid Kit with me in Dave's Rig. Obviously I'd prefer this to not be my first experience of having to put my training to use.

~Pam

BigDaveZJ
05-31-2005, 01:46 AM
I'm good at needing first aid and medical attention, does that count for anything???

Colorado 5.9
05-31-2005, 01:51 AM
Expired Red Cross CPR & First Aid Certified for adult and children. But after going through the classes every other year for 15 years I think I can remember. :smt017

jiddup
05-31-2005, 02:28 AM
Red Cross CPR & First Aid Certified for adult and children.

I'll have my first Aid Kit with me in Dave's Rig. Obviously I'd prefer this to not be my first experience of having to put my training to use.

~Pam

Ya dont make her try to use the first aid part...she might pass out at the sign of blood or carnage hehehe

Michael
05-31-2005, 05:23 PM
I took the nols wfr course but had to leave 2 days early because i got sick really bad. so technically i don't have any certifications, but i can fix you if your broken in the woods. :drinkers:

Pitch
05-31-2005, 11:08 PM
Physical therapist

CPR/BLS, wound care, first aid, +diagnose & fix your sprains, strains, etc.

-Eric

CrespiCritter
06-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Former medic in the service.

Hangin' with Trango.

jsteves
06-01-2005, 08:05 PM
CPR adult and children

nmzj
06-01-2005, 08:39 PM
BLS, CPR. ACLS training (not certified)

Jason

Mtn WJ
06-02-2005, 03:07 PM
I am Red Cross Trained but my certificate has expired. I have not gone through CPR training in awhile but Mouth to mouth and all the others I have had more recently via the Littleton FD.

I have an extensive first aid kit in my Jeep.

My 12 yr old son has recently been CPR certified. I guess that was in case his dad has a stroke on the trail or something not sure.

Kraqa
06-02-2005, 03:15 PM
red crosss basic what ever its ccalled. and if anyone drounds theoretically i can save your life. i dont' knwo tho and i don't want to find otu.

Bustin' Loose
06-02-2005, 03:43 PM
red crosss basic what ever its ccalled. and if anyone drounds theoretically i can save your life. i dont' knwo tho and i don't want to find otu.
drowning in the desert????

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
06-02-2005, 10:07 PM
sorry I can fix dogs and cats only.

FearTheDentist
06-03-2005, 12:45 AM
CPR cert, first aid, I can help if ya knock out a tooth :) :mrgreen:

PassRunnerZJ
06-03-2005, 11:03 AM

There is the "Hot Tub" and Cody has been know to go wheels up on occasion...

I'll have duct tape, fixed a lot of things with it. On a more serious note: I saw portable defibrillators on TV the other night, is anyone bringing one of these. Just looked at the price, ouch, to have one at home or with the soccer team.

Texas ZJ1
06-03-2005, 03:20 PM
I some ability at putting on bandaids.

Hunter

Bustin' Loose
06-03-2005, 03:49 PM

I'll have duct tape, fixed a lot of things with it. On a more serious note: I saw portable defibrillators on TV the other night, is anyone bringing one of these. Just looked at the price, ouch, to have one at home or with the soccer team.

Wheels up...busted up axle, brake caliper...he does a lot in those hot tubs I see. . . Let's try to keep him from needing Mouth to Mouth in one k? :smt003

BigDaveZJ
06-03-2005, 03:54 PM

Wheels up...busted up axle, brake caliper...he does a lot in those hot tubs I see. . . Let's try to keep him from needing Mouth to Mouth in one k? :smt003

If it does happen, I would like to go on record as being the first one to say . . . . NOT IT!!!

Bustin' Loose
06-03-2005, 04:00 PM

If it does happen, I would like to go on record as being the first one to say . . . . NOT IT!!!

LMAO...

You are not certified dumbass :butthead: so there is not need to say NOT IT

BigDaveZJ
06-03-2005, 04:02 PM
I got my First Aid merit badge and learned CPR in high school, I kinda sorta know what I'm doing.