PDA

View Full Version : Got a call Call from K&N yesterday

cwm
05-26-2005, 11:56 AM
So after I found that my K&N was starting to warp at the throttle body I called K&N and ask them what to do. They said no prob just send a copy of my reciept and they would send me another one, I tell her thats was long gone and she said no prob just take a pic and email it to her. I said cool thanks!!! So I did.
I also ask if she had ever heard of this happening and she said no , never!
Yesterday I get a call from some guy at K&N telling me there is a problem with the intake tube and they are working on it and I should either put the old intake back on , which I dont have or quite driveing my jeep.
My only mode of transportation at the time.
I said can you just send me a new one he said no not until they fix the problem. I say well how about sealeing it with RTV he said do not do that because the RTV gives off fumes that will harm the engine sensors!
Not sure what to do now???

nathaniel
05-26-2005, 12:27 PM
use sensor safe rtv or duct tape :supz:

nate
05-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Yup. The K&N guy is covering is ass I'm sure, and nothing wrong with that in his situation. Let's say he says ok, that would work, and your engine you get messed up. You could bascially sue K&N for a new engine.

Bustin' Loose
05-26-2005, 01:26 PM
So after I found that my K&N was starting to warp at the throttle body I called K&N and ask them what to do. They said no prob just send a copy of my reciept and they would send me another one, I tell her thats was long gone and she said no prob just take a pic and email it to her. I said cool thanks!!! So I did.
I also ask if she had ever heard of this happening and she said no , never!
Yesterday I get a call from some guy at K&N telling me there is a problem with the intake tube and they are working on it and I should either put the old intake back on , which I dont have or quite driveing my jeep.
My only mode of transportation at the time.
I said can you just send me a new one he said no not until they fix the problem. I say well how about sealeing it with RTV he said do not do that because the RTV gives off fumes that will harm the engine sensors!
Not sure what to do now???

The K&N Intake that I have is warped at the Throttle body as well. I called K&N and told them that the opening is warped and it just does not fit over the throttle body correctly. No way, no how. They told me to ship it back to them and they will ship me a new one. Lucky me I still have factory Intake. . .

cwm
05-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Yup. The K&N guy is covering is ass I'm sure, and nothing wrong with that in his situation. Let's say he says ok, that would work, and your engine you get messed up. You could bascially sue K&N for a new engine.
Kinda what I was thinking but whos to know how much dirt and dust my motor has engested because of their faulty design???
Im thinking they already owe me a new motor! :yawinkle:

Jim311
05-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Meh, I just sealed mine with some blue silicone RTV stuff. Didn't have any problems.. it certainly didn't leak when it was sucked a shitload of water up into it :finga:

cwm
06-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Got a package today in it was a new tube how this one fits better than the old one!!

Swamp boy
06-17-2005, 07:46 PM
So I guess you have a warped intake tube for sale??? :smt003 :smt003