PDA

View Full Version : Hey Krash....14b parts??

zjeepin
05-25-2005, 10:19 AM
so i've found a 14b :supz: , i just need to find the c&c hubs to get the narrower wms. do you know where to find parts?

Trancezj
05-25-2005, 11:38 AM
so i've found a 14b :supz: , i just need to find the c&c hubs to get the narrower wms. do you know where to find parts?
trey?

zjeepin
05-25-2005, 03:59 PM
you caught me :butthead: did you get your front axle put back together for this weekend?

anyway, this is a pointless thread... all i have to do to convert my SRW truck 14b from 67" wms to 63" is put dually hubs on it and those are going to be easier to find than i thought.

:prayer: 14b bible

Trancezj
05-25-2005, 05:06 PM
you caught me :butthead: did you get your front axle put back together for this weekend?

anyway, this is a pointless thread... all i have to do to convert my SRW truck 14b from 67" wms to 63" is put dually hubs on it and those are going to be easier to find than i thought.

:prayer: 14b bible
eh I'm working on it. Pulled what I needed off the parts bitch, got my new bearings from Randys $65 for both sides inner/outer and seals. Just bought a new grease gun and some grease, also one of those napa offroad ujoints with a grease fitting. I might get you to tig them for me. Ive been kinda lazy. Where are we headed this weekend?

Oh and just for shits and giggles.
http://uploads.jzl.us/files/TREYOWNED.jpg
http://uploads.jzl.us/files/trey.JPG

nate
05-25-2005, 05:14 PM
So the cab and chassis 14bolt is the same, just different hubs? I was thinking the axle itself was narrower. Like 63", something around there I think? I know it's not much wider than the stock axles.

zjeepin
05-25-2005, 06:12 PM
Nate
Check out the 14b bible on pirate. From what i gather, the housing is the same for the SRW truck which is 67" wide, and the cab and chassis which is 63", the only difference being the hub, and they are interchangable.

Jeremy
don't know where exactly but the ARB is going in tomorrow night, (im plumbing it right now) aarons been talking about going too, so we may as well just plan on sunday. you in? just bring your shafts over here and i'll tig the shit out of em :finga:

Trancezj
05-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Yeah I'll be ready for this weekend. We were considering camping somewher maybe. Think anyone would be interested in that? I went ahead and welded the shaft and just grinded the welds down. Fucker still barely went throught the knuckle. LOL, I damn near lost my caliper. The caliper bots had almost cut theirsevles in half. I WILL have everything spare that I could need for that axle this weekend. Oh can you bring those shafts?

zjeepin
05-26-2005, 10:54 AM
yeah dude campin would be awesome. i'll see what the others think tonight. no wonder the brakes weren't working. i'll bring those shafts they should be on the floor tonight. you should come by here, we're setting up the ARB after work.

Trancezj
05-26-2005, 11:28 AM
yeah dude campin would be awesome. i'll see what the others think tonight. no wonder the brakes weren't working. i'll bring those shafts they should be on the floor tonight. you should come by here, we're setting up the ARB after work.
Depends on what time I get off. The reason the brakes weren't right was because the rotor wasn't tight because of the lack of wheelbearings. That's what fucked the bolts. I still gotta strip the other side of the bitch jeep and finish putting mine back together. I'm also going to go through my tool box, make sure of what I have and don't have. I thought I had stuff in there that wasn't there. OH, how are you posting at work?

zjeepin
05-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Depends on what time I get off. The reason the brakes weren't right was because the rotor wasn't tight because of the lack of wheelbearings. That's what fucked the bolts. I still gotta strip the other side of the bitch jeep and finish putting mine back together. I'm also going to go through my tool box, make sure of what I have and don't have. I thought I had stuff in there that wasn't there. OH, how are you posting at work?

thats cool, im sure we'll be here late if you get the chance. just hollar at me if you need a hand, i should be free saturday. that sucked not having spares you thought you had.

i've got a computer in my bay and its called fucking off :partyman:

Krash80
06-06-2005, 06:12 AM
sorry it took me so long to reply...been wrenchin on the rig for the past while and finally took it for a drive for the first time in a year and a half tonight.

the 14b SRW and DRW (C&C) are the exact same axle...the only difference is the the WMS on the hubs. They even use the same axle shafts. It's really pretty sweet...i've got a 63" C&C 14b rear and a 63" wide 44 front, but if i ever want to put a fullwidth 60 in the front, all i'll have to do to convert the rear to fullwidth is put SRW hubs on it.

Also, ANY junkyard should have C&C 14b hubs...they are on any older chevy box truck, tow truck, flatbed, utility truck, etc...super easy to find. I actually took my 14b out of the local bone yard owner's old retired 1973 chevy dually tow truck.

Once you start building that axle you'll love it...especially when it comes to setting up gears.

feel free to shoot me an email if ya have any questions.

-Ron-

zjeepin
06-06-2005, 08:59 AM
thanks krash. I've got a srw axle, and a source for the drw hubs, but im trying to hold out to find a drw with 4.56 and the detroit. i know its wishful thinking but this isn't a rush project either. it can wait until i can afford it, or its damn cheap.

i can't remember, did you shave your ring gear?