PDA

View Full Version : owww!!

BigDaveZJ
05-24-2005, 03:51 PM
So in case anybody hadn't figured this out yet, Mechanix gloves do NOT work well for picking up hot items!!

I was fabbing up some supports for the exhaust since I had snapped the bar that goes from the exhaust into the tranny mount. Welded the bar, but figured it'd be nowhere near as strong as it used to be like that, so I grabbed some 2" strap and cut a piece out to reinforce it. Well dumbass me grabs the hot end I just cut with my Mechanix gloves on. Burned right through the glove into my hand and now I have pieces of the glove somehow fused into my skin! FAWKIN SWEET!!!!!

OverkillZJ
05-24-2005, 04:13 PM
[red ford]DUMBASS![/red ford]

Bustin' Loose
05-24-2005, 04:35 PM
And me with my ESP call him as he's in the bathroom attempting to clean said wound...

Me "So babe, how's the work on the jeep going"
Dave "Got this done, got that done, blah blah blah...pick up the piece I just cut"
Me "What? With no welding gloves on!?"
Dave "with my Mechanixs gloves on"
Me "*sigh*, that shit's hot you know"
DAve "yeah, it burned a whole through the gloves and now I have the glove burned into my finger"

Hmm....this sounds familiar...I left him alone last week in the garage so he could jam a screwdriver into his thumb. I don't think I can leave him unattended in the garage anymore.

What do you guys think? :smt003

BigDaveZJ
05-24-2005, 04:40 PM
I think she needs to hire a babysitter for me on my days off when I'm wrenching.

jiddup
05-24-2005, 05:50 PM
lol......funny stuff.

Jim311
05-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Sad when you must be supervised by a woman in your garage!

:flipoff2:

Cue-Ball
05-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Sad when you must be supervised by a woman in your garage!

:flipoff2:

True, very true!!!!!!!!

BigDaveZJ
05-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Got the cut cleaned out, doesn't hurt too bad. It's wrapped in a band-aid and duct tape since I couldn't find any medical tape.

What a long fucking day under the Jeep.

Fixed my CB antenna mount
Repaired and fabricated exhaust mounts
Mounted headlights and driving lights better (duct tape and random welding)
Attempted to fix UCA mount, but determined the trail fix was better than anything I could come up with
Changed rear diff fluid

Probably some other shit in there too, I just can't remember it right now. I haven't eaten a damn thing all day, just been wrenching and running for parts. And while I LOVE the beefiness of my Crane cover on my 8.8, that thing is FUCKING HEAVY AND A ROYAL PITA to hold in place and get those little allen screws in there and then have to tighten them all down. I hate allen screws more than I hate Torx.

TrojanMan
05-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Got the cut cleaned out, doesn't hurt too bad. It's wrapped in a band-aid and duct tape since I couldn't find any medical tape.

:worthles:

Nordic1
05-24-2005, 11:23 PM

And do you know what his away message is right now??

Jack Daniels + Welding Stuff = HAPPY MATTHEW!

OverkillZJ
05-24-2005, 11:53 PM

And do you know what his away message is right now??

Jack Daniels + Welding Stuff = HAPPY MATTHEW!

LMFAO, I may be drunk, but I got the job done, and done well! Repaired my front diff protector. Weldins is fun with JD :weedman:

Kraqa
05-27-2005, 12:13 AM
seems familiar.

welding over head........polyester/cotton blend shorts.....hmmmm my leg feel hot, must be some spatter...keep welding........ouchy its hotter. long story short i look down the plastic shorts are burnign into my leg. i ripped the shorts off and there is melty plastic burnign on my leg. i had to tear ther plastic off my skin and that wasn't fun. try getting head with a huge blistering burn on the inside of your leg. apparently girls don't liek that shit.

JohnBoulderCO
05-27-2005, 12:27 AM
try getting head with a huge blistering burn on the inside of your leg. apparently girls don't liek that shit.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: