PDA

View Full Version : Help! Jeep needs help

joescape
05-24-2005, 05:31 AM
I have been dealin with some serious issues lately. When I did my swap from 249 to 231 I left a harness swingin and on my test drive it might have shorted out and my engine bay fusebox caught on fire somewhere around alternator fuse #1 and engine control fuse. It might not be the tc harness cause it ain't burnt, but my overhead console, pw, pdl, radio, vic, and fuel pump are not working. I am looking for grounds but so far only found the one by the battery. If anybody has any ideas please tell.

OverkillZJ
05-24-2005, 11:13 AM
The harness didn't have anything to do with it, sounds like you may have a bad regulator in your alternator though. If it cooked everything, well, you've got bigger problems now...

joescape
05-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Well my ecu is tellin me that nothin's wrong (12 and 55), but it could be lying to me :smt013 . Could it not be a grounding problem? I hope it didn't fry my brand new $300 jvc. What ground would affect all those systems?

joescape
06-21-2005, 02:30 AM
ne'ermind. had a mechanic friend come by and fixed it. Turned out when I swapped the fusebox I switched a red/green wire and a red/gray wire. Navy says I'm red/green colorblind so wiring is a little tough sometimes.