PDA

View Full Version : Question on HP44 with cast radius arm mounts

Cue-Ball
05-23-2005, 12:34 PM
I have a line on a bare housing HP44 with cast radius arms mounts. Should I consider buying this or is the cast in mounts to much of a pain in the ass?

nathaniel
05-23-2005, 03:23 PM
I have a line on a bare housing HP44 with cast radius arms mounts. Should I consider buying this or is the cast in mounts to much of a pain in the ass?

As far as I know the only real way to use it is to use the ford c bushings and radius arms

Cue-Ball
05-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Yea I have done some looking around the net and looks like you can't really cut the cast mounts off.

Looks like the best way it just to get them re-tubed. Not sure I want to go through all of that though.

My HP30 will get installed later this summer regardless but would be nice to pick up an HP44 to build to go in later.

nate
05-24-2005, 03:49 AM
The Ford radius arm setup would work pretty good I think. Figure on most long arm kits that's more or less the same thing, just difference hook up points.

Nordic1
05-24-2005, 03:57 AM
yea I saw that ad in jeep night as well.. cast or no cast personally I would hop on it. Although I sent him an e-mail and it bounced back as "non existant"

Cue-Ball
05-24-2005, 10:58 AM
I read alot about the cast mounts and it does not really seem like the way to go for me so I am going to pass.