PDA

View Full Version : D60 ?

Tommy
05-22-2005, 07:42 PM
I went to put in my ring and pinion/ spools this weekend. Is it common to have 32 spline axle shafts from the factory? 94 dodge d60? . I had the damn thing apart and the spools I bought from Ted a PeakEmpire were 30 spline and the axles are 32 spline. With GSW around the corner I am running out of time. I hope we can work something out??

JpRngr
05-22-2005, 08:40 PM
See what happens when you don't buy real 60's! :finga:

I seem to remember seeing that somewhere, but didn't pay it much attention. Generally 30 & 35 spline are the most common. You could always Lincoln lock the stock carriers if they'll work with your new gear ratio.

Corey

P.S. The Chalupa now has front C/O's! :supz:

BigDaveZJ
05-22-2005, 09:50 PM

Pics or ban!!

Tommy
05-22-2005, 09:58 PM
I believe the only poser 60 I have is the front. The rear is a full floater and to my knowledge isn't much different than a FORD 60. I could be wrong though.

P.S. The chalupa with CO's :drinkers: .

Tommy
05-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Oh yeah, I don't have pics but the exhaust was finished up this week. My exhaust guy managed to weave the pipes asround with no clearance issues, and I didn't have to dump it, it goes all the out to the rear.

Tommy
05-22-2005, 11:05 PM
I think I remember telling Ted it was for a 94, but it looks like the axles are out of a 97. Luckily it looks as though the ring and pinion/ the spool as well will be OK. It should be 30 spline. I will need to get a new spool for the rear though. :toimonst:

http://dodgeram.org/tech/specs/Ramspecs.htm

JpRngr
05-23-2005, 01:18 AM

Pics or ban!!

Ban me and you and your woman won't get to play with the plasma cutter!! :butthead:

There'll probably be pics up sooner or later, but not yet.

Tommy, is it the rear that's 32 spline? I was thinking you meant the front. Maybe the fact that the front is only 30 spline is what I remember seeing somewhere and thinking was odd. Most 60 fronts have 35 spline shafts.

Corey

Tommy
05-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah, the rear is 32 spline and the front is 30. I hope I can work something out with TED..

Tommy
05-23-2005, 08:35 PM
This shit is relatively new to me so excuse me if this such anewbie question. With that out of the way.. Do they make rear axle shafts to convert this axle to 35 spline? Then my life would be alot easier. At this point I am fucked until I hear back from TED (PeakZJ). :smt021 That is me being hit with the hammer..

JpRngr
05-24-2005, 12:57 AM
You would first need to measure the inside diameter of the axle tube spindle. It needs to be bigger than 1.5"(this is a rough guestimate, check on Pirate for a specific size) or the 35 spline shafts won't fit. If they'll fit through there, you can have some made fairly easily from any of the major shaft companies.

Corey

Bustin' Loose
05-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Ban me and you and your woman won't get to play with the plasma cutter!! :butthead:

Corey

/hijack on

I can wait for pics :smt003

/hijack off

Back to talking about shit that I hope to really understand one day . . .

Kraqa
05-24-2005, 11:10 PM
front 60's only have 35 spline inner shafts the outers are like 30 or some stupid number (IIRC)

the rear will have to be reamed out larger then 1.5" 35 spline shafts are like 1.49".

the reaming cost would be about the same as if you were to buy a d70B (with 35 spline shafts) and install it. the d70 has the same pumkin s the 60 too so no loss in clearance (after you sand the lip off the bottom)

if i were you i would just weld the spiders up for GSW then swap a 70 in after. personnaly i think its a waist of time to convert a d60 to 35 spline. unless yoru made of money.

and chalupa with front CO's

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Kraqa/Thread%20pics/bukkake.gif

i filled the cup.