PDA

View Full Version : rocker switches to disable alarm and dome light

ATL ZJ
05-22-2005, 01:04 AM
How did you do it?

What wires did you switch/ splice/ ground and where do they run from/to?

I am looking to ideally put in 2 switches- one for the dome light, and one for the alarm/ door closure pin so the ZJ will happily accept its new tube doors. Tube doors and stock doors will go on and off pretty frequently, and I will be needing alarm capability at all times, whether tube doors or stock doors are on. And yes, of course I searched, but didn't find as much as I had expected.

TrojanMan
05-22-2005, 01:33 AM
Just splice a wire to run parallel with the door switch that's in there now, normally open. When you take the doors off close the switch and the computer will think the doors are staying open.

Hkoch45
05-22-2005, 07:32 AM
Why don't you just buy an alarm with an ext./int. prox sensor "motion sensor" and has starter kill. Because to do what your trying to do is not going to make much sense because lets say your door are off and you want to arm your factory alarm. The only thing your factory alarm will do is not allow your jeep to start. But the factory alarm with your factory doors on protects if someone opens your door the alarm will go off setting off horn, lights and not allow someone to start it until you disarm it by putting key in either front doors or rear hatch. But heres some wiring info.

ITEM / WIRE COLOR / POLARITY / LOCATION
12volts / pink-blk or red-wht / + / steering column
Starter / yellow-blue (small) / + / steering column
Ignition / blue-gray / + / steering column
Power Lock / orange-purple / + / blk conn. drivers kick
Power Unlock / pink-purple / + / or red conn. pass kick
Parking Lights+ / blue-red / left of st. column
Door Trigger / yellow / - / drivers kick panel
Trunk/Hatch Pin tied in with doors / - / drivers kick panel
Hood Pin / brown-tan / - / pass. kick blue plug
Factory Alarm Arm / pink-orange / + / pass. kick red plug
Factory Alarm Disarm / purple-yellow / - / driver kick black plug
Tachometer / gray-blue / AC / pcm
Notes: High on passenger side firewall under hood.
Horn Trigger / gray-orange / - / steering column

What you want are Factory ARM/ Factory DISARM wires. What you would do is one side of the factory arm switch to that wire and other side to 12 volts. Your disarm switch goes to the factory disarm wire and other side to ground and with your doors off the factory disarm wire will need to see ground or your jeep won't start with the key. I suggest you look into an alarm like I stated. Let me know if you have another questions.

Swamp boy
05-22-2005, 08:15 AM
It doesnt really matter which wire you cut..

There are two on each side.. neither will function without a complete circuit.. Cut one and break it at a switch ..On will function normally off will open the circuit therefore showing the door closed and light off....

Carl

TrojanMan
05-22-2005, 02:42 PM
When I get a chance to finish it up, I'm making a starter kill security system, It'll only cost you like 20 bucks, so those of you with tube doors would be protected :supz:

BigDaveZJ
05-22-2005, 03:02 PM
On mine all I do is just pull the door pin switch on the a-pillar. I have an aftermarket alarm and everything still works fine. I don't have capability of my alarm to go off if a tube door is opened, but the shock sensor is sensitive enough that if someone were to climb into the driver seat it would go off.