PDA

View Full Version : Play in trackbar mount

Nordic1
05-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Here's the fun... So I cleaned up all of my crappy welds from before and rewelded my trackbar. I also drilled out some of the welds and bolted the trackbar bracket to the frame (like stock). The thing is NEVER coming out. However now I have a little bit of frame flex... A little under 1/4" of travel up and down on the flat part (will post pics if needed) of the mount closest to the motor when I turn. Has anybody built a trackbar brace (I'm looking for ideas) or will I be doing this one from scratch?

ATL ZJ
05-21-2005, 06:11 PM
Gusset it.

Find some 3/16" or 1/4" plate, cut it up, and make yourself some gussets or braces that will fit in there. Looks like you'll be doing it from scratch since I don't know of any previous designs, but there is no harm in pioneering something.. I'll be interested to see what you come up with since I may need to do something similar.

How did you discover that you have a little bit of play? ANd remember that a little flex of the unibody is normal :finga:

Jcbzj
05-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Did you check the UB for cracks? Mine had a huge crack under the TB mount. which was undoubtedly the result of some deathwobble. Im changing the frame mount this time around

Nordic1
05-22-2005, 01:51 AM
Did you check the UB for cracks? Mine had a huge crack under the TB mount. which was undoubtedly the result of some deathwobble. Im changing the frame mount this time around

No cracks

AprilzWarrior
05-22-2005, 11:51 AM

No cracks

I cant imagine why it moves... lets see... you removed all the bolts and then "sorta" welded the mount on the uniframe...

I thought I mentioned this already ?

AW

Nordic1
05-22-2005, 02:05 PM
the frame bends... there's no movement in the trackbar mount

BigDaveZJ
05-22-2005, 02:18 PM

Then plate the frame . . . .

JpRngr
05-22-2005, 08:53 PM

Then plate the frame . . . .

Been there, done that! :supz:

Kraqa
05-27-2005, 10:23 PM
plate the fram on both sides. then drill a 1" whole throught the frame and insert some .250 wall DOM through the whole and weld on both side of the frame.

this should help to stabilize it.

Nordic1
05-28-2005, 12:36 AM
plate the fram on both sides. then drill a 1" whole throught the frame and insert some .250 wall DOM through the whole and weld on both side of the frame.

this should help to stabilize it.

Sounds like a plan actually...