PDA

View Full Version : Mystery sensor?

Jim311
05-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Apparently in the process of cutting and/or breaking every sensor while removing this salvaged motor from the vehicle, the company broke a sensor that's on the rear of the block to the passenger side of the distributor. I'm curious what it is, and what it does? Obviously I need to replace it, I just need to know WTF it's called before I can buy another.. lol.

http://www.jeepcrew.com/gallery/albums/album25/whatisthis.jpg

Normally when it's not broken off it's about 2-3 inches tall, and cylindrical in shape...

JpRngr
05-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Oil pressure sending unit.

Jim311
05-17-2005, 08:56 PM

Hmm. I bet this would be a real bitch to replace when the motor was still in the Jeep! It's just sorta difficult to identify something that's broken in half.. lol.

Jim311
05-17-2005, 09:05 PM
I'd delete this thread myself but there's no option to :confused:

Feel free to move/delete mods.

AprilzWarrior
05-17-2005, 09:12 PM

Dont lie...

Thats the reverse polarity switch.

:mrgreen:

Jim311
05-17-2005, 09:24 PM
I was looking under the "Flux Capacitor" section of AutoZone's website but apparently that was only for the pre 96 models.

norton
05-17-2005, 09:37 PM

Hmm. I bet this would be a real bitch to replace when the motor was still in the Jeep! It's just sorta difficult to identify something that's broken in half.. lol.

no shit, especially since daimler designed the eingine bay of the 5.2 so user friendly

:toimonst:

Jim311
05-17-2005, 09:46 PM

no shit, especially since daimler designed the eingine bay of the 5.2 so user friendly

:toimonst:

I seriously have no idea how you'd do some of the repairs I've done to this motor while it's been out on the engine stand. I can't imagine having to change the cap and rotor, or the rear main seal, and the water pump looks like it'd be a real bitch too. That's why I'm making all these repairs while the motor is OUT!

OverkillZJ
05-17-2005, 11:10 PM
It is a PITA to replace with the engine in. But you could just ask your ASE certified daimler chrylster god tech, I'm sure he'd know :finga:

Jim311
05-17-2005, 11:27 PM
It is a PITA to replace with the engine in. But you could just ask your ASE certified daimler chrylster god tech, I'm sure he'd know :finga:

Don't get butthurt cuz you don't teach ASE certification and get paid to wrench on your Jeep :flipoff2:

OverkillZJ
05-17-2005, 11:32 PM
(

Don't get butthurt cuz you don't teach ASE certification and get paid to wrench on your Jeep :flipoff2:

Na, but I usually get paid in beer to wrench on other peoples :drinkers:

Wonder if that currency could be changed to :weedman:

Swamp boy
05-18-2005, 12:10 AM
I have changed all of the above and done them all while it was in the rig...

It is a big pain in the ass..

You have to have a special socket for the oil pressure sensor also... :smt003

I always pull all the wires off and wiggle the cap out on the drivers side..
I recently saw a 5.2 stuffed under a TJ hood and he actually had more room to reach things than I have... :rolleyes:

JpRngr
05-18-2005, 12:36 AM

What's even more fun is replacing it when the engine's hot! :smt073