PDA

View Full Version : Running full circle clips with 760 ujoints in a 30

OverkillZJ
05-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Anyone done it (here)? I know I'd need to grind away a lil' of the surface material on a stock stub shaft, but that's no longer a problem since I have a Warn hub conversion now, and the outers fit full circle clips.

Now, am I correct to understand these clips were used on some 44's with 297 / 760 ujoints? Anyone have a model or napa part number so that I can get them locally? I know I could probably call Randy's up, but I hate paying their absurd $13 shipping fee for something that would fit in an envelope for $.37

Hoping to get this axle together this weekend.

LouisianaZJ
05-13-2005, 01:38 AM
i got some from dutchman $5 shipped for 4 clips

i was thinking they would be a lil thicker than the ones at HD but looks just like the 1 3/16" EXTERNAL snap rings at HD

edit:
HD= home cheapo/WTo

OverkillZJ
05-13-2005, 01:47 AM
edit:
HD= home cheapo/WTo

WTO?

I have an old shaft here someone gave me that has full circles, might just take one to napa and beg them to start raiding parts bins, haha. So who the heck is dutchman? This seems like something that should be readily available, had no idea how few people would know what I was talking about.

LouisianaZJ
05-13-2005, 01:56 AM
HD= home cheapo aka....home white Trash o ....aka home depot

they are with all the little washers and snap rings and chit bins in the hardware/fasteners isle

you need to ask for "external snap rings" in the 1 3/16" flavor

Dutchman makes custom axle shafts
www.dutchman.com or something like that

btw, mods move this shit to newbie tech :finga: :butthead:

LouisianaZJ
05-13-2005, 01:57 AM
www.dutchmanms.com/
correct link

Cody
05-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Wait, so what you're saying here is that you can put a 44 joint and (i assume) shafts into a 30? ;)

Cody

OverkillZJ
05-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Wait, so what you're saying here is that you can put a 44 joint and (i assume) shafts into a 30? ;)

Cody

30 joints and 44 joints are the same in the new style shafts (the exception being old XJ 30's that use 260 ujoints)

297's and 760's work in 30's and 44's :weedman:

I think with 44 shafts you can run full circle clips without modyfing though, with 30's you need to grind away some of the yoke so that they fit

Cody
05-16-2005, 03:20 AM
normal 44 shafts have to be modfied to accept full circle clips. Alloy stuff accepts them just fine.

Cody

OverkillZJ
05-16-2005, 06:18 PM
normal 44 shafts have to be modfied to accept full circle clips. Alloy stuff accepts them just fine.

Cody

I guess the yokes are the same as the 30's then!

Have some full circle clips, 760's and warn inners on the way to compliment the used hub conversion I just got.

Trancezj
05-19-2005, 11:00 AM
or you could get some greasable ujoints and weld the whole cap. I'm pretty sure that'd sovle any issue that full cirlce clips would.

OverkillZJ
05-19-2005, 11:04 AM
or you could get some greasable ujoints and weld the whole cap. I'm pretty sure that'd sovle any issue that full cirlce clips would.

full circle clips are on the way, but i tack the caps anyway to keep the caps from wallowing the holes in the ears out.

Trancezj
05-19-2005, 11:06 AM
full circle clips are on the way, but i tack the caps anyway to keep the caps from wallowing the holes in the ears out.
Cool. The only issues with welding the caps is clearly replacement and it's helpfull to tig them so you get flat welds or it can be hard to fit the thing through the hubs.