PDA

View Full Version : WEAR YOUR SAFETY GEAR

Nordic1
05-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Just had a 14" chop saw abrasive blade blow up in my face.... I was wearing a face mask AND goggles... BOTH kept junk out of my eyes.

Wear your safety gear
[/reminder]

AprilzWarrior
05-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Just had a 14" chop saw abrasive blade blow up in my face.... I was wearing a face mask AND goggles... BOTH kept junk out of my eyes.

Wear your safety gear
[/reminder]

HAHAAHAHHAAHAHAH

REMEMBER.... dont buy Cheap wheels and always clamp your work, never try to hold it so it can jamb and cause wheel failure.

Cuz I know thats what you did Chase.

AW

Nordic1
05-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Was a cheap wheel and was clamped (but I could bet a hundred bucks I didn't have it clamped down tight enough...)

Cue-Ball
05-08-2005, 01:02 AM
You really can NEVER be too saftey conscience!!!

LouisianaZJ
05-08-2005, 02:55 AM
when will you be producing your new line of jesus approved chop saw blades and custom ZJ parts?

nate
05-08-2005, 03:22 AM
Yeah I stopped buying the cheap shit grinder stuff.
ACE brand cutoff wheel is $3.20. Radnor (Norton) ones at Air Gas are $1.
Grinder wheels, ACE $5 ... weld shop $1.90.

So.. sometimes the cheap stuff isn't all the cheap. Just means a 15 min drive compared to ACE being down the road, but it's worth it.

OverkillZJ
05-08-2005, 03:56 AM
I'll never forget when I had a cutoff wheel on one of my angle grinders, and it was a cheapt piece of crap. Needless to say, I jammed it in a heavy piece of metal and caused it to sheer off, releasing it at full throttle across my yard. I was then thankful I'd left the gaurd on the angle grinder which most remove.

AprilzWarrior
05-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah I stopped buying the cheap shit grinder stuff.
ACE brand cutoff wheel is $3.20. Radnor (Norton) ones at Air Gas are $1.
Grinder wheels, ACE $5 ... weld shop $1.90.

So.. sometimes the cheap stuff isn't all the cheap. Just means a 15 min drive compared to ACE being down the road, but it's worth it.

I didnt mean cheap as it price... Norton is CHEAP as shit...

The best cutoff wheels Ive found are the Sait, IronWorker.
They also sell the Studking for lighter materials.

AW

Jim311
05-08-2005, 11:54 AM
I'll never forget when I had a cutoff wheel on one of my angle grinders, and it was a cheapt piece of crap. Needless to say, I jammed it in a heavy piece of metal and caused it to sheer off, releasing it at full throttle across my yard. I was then thankful I'd left the gaurd on the angle grinder which most remove.

Maybe I should put mine back on.

ogdak
05-08-2005, 12:21 PM

Yeah you better do that.

Jim311
05-08-2005, 12:37 PM

Yeah you better do that.

Meh. I'll get around to it one day.

OverkillZJ
05-08-2005, 12:47 PM

Yeah you better do that.

Meh. I'll get around to it one day.

LOL, and I'll get around to taking mine off, always gets in the way :weedman:

Jim311
05-08-2005, 01:57 PM
That's why I removed it.. it's always in the way. When I use cutoff discs it always seems to make things more cumbersome..